Author Topic: New NPC - Minstrel/Bard  (Read 3139 times)

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
New NPC - Minstrel/Bard
« on: June 15, 2012, 10:55:27 AM »
How about adding another NPC to the surface level?

Minstrel or Bard, or maybe a Sage of sorts, he would cycle thru "tip of the day" texts when talked to.
Normally these only appear upon starting the game, why not give newbies an opportunity to see
more of those tips during single session?
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

Watley

• View Profile
Re: New NPC - Minstrel/Bard
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 02:28:19 PM »
Good idea. Minstrel could also enchant items for quests. I like the idea of a town level. Could make houses for the folks

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 04:58:05 PM »
Will the minstrel/bard have the enchant ability?? if so make this very expensive!
When in doubt.  Scroll of Recall

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 09:04:02 PM »
I'm not sure really. In many ways I find the whole "going back and forth to the surface" the most tedious part of Dweller. Adding yet another reason for the player to return to the surface is questionable. I have been toying with the idea of doing similar to Cardinal Quest where you can sell stuff immediately when you pick them up or like in Torchlight where you can send your pet to town to sell stuff for you. Or put merchants in the dungeon instead. What do you guys think, do you enjoy going back and forth to the surface?

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 09:52:57 PM »
I wouldn't mind skipping most of those trips if if wasn't for a random chance to grab SoE
or a stat increasing potion at the Merchant. This, curing poison, and purchasing all available
Antidotes from the Healer.

Maybe if the Merchant would not have his stock "respawnable" but instead start with more
equipement, including some items worth saving cash for?
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

Watley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 04:50:48 AM »
I don't mind going back and forth, except that the rats on the surface never get tougher. Replace with wolves or bears? Merchants and healers scattered thru the levels could be ok, but would need to balance loot rewards and costs. I always have at least 2.5k gold by end of game, that's way too much

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »
I really like how we can recall back to the surface and then back down to where we last were.  My only  problem is sometimes I screw up and take the stairs by accident which resets your recall location.
When in doubt.  Scroll of Recall