Author Topic: Runes  (Read 2991 times)

The Wizard

• View Profile
Runes
« on: June 12, 2012, 06:30:55 AM »
Dweller, I suggest that you must have different kinds of Runes present in the game.

Rune of Regeneration- Heals the player for a specific number of HP.

Rune of Invisibility- Allows the player to be invisible for a short period of time.

Rune of Haste- Increases the Player's Movespeed for a short period of time.

Rune of Illusion- Grants a player of having one illusion of himself.

The Wizard

• View Profile
Re: Runes
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 06:36:12 AM »
The said Runes may be all or not at all present in the below-dungeon. They are scattered within the different side branches or the dungeon itself, giving players to explore the dungeon even more .. What do you think Guys,? Can this idea be included in the next version of Dweller? Send your reactions to me,okay? :D

The Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 06:44:09 AM »
Just a clarification: Illusion of a player can be present but then the illusion is of course, weaker than the real player. The Illusion could last "X" seconds.

Watley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 08:21:44 AM »
Good idea. Could also be a way of enchanting items temporarily

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 05:01:51 PM »
Why bother when Scrolls, Wands and Books already do this?
 :P
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

FaustoMartense

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 11:50:46 PM »
Exactly, wands, books and scrolls are all there and have a wide range of abilities. Maybe these ideas can be applied in new scrolls in the future.

For runes, it would be nice it they give a small bonus just for being in the inventory. Like 1hp regen each a certain amount of turns, or more mana regenaration.
Active runes fall in the other three casting methods, but maybe they can just be passive.

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 07:52:18 PM »
For runes, it would be nice it they give a small bonus just for being in the inventory.

You mean something like "charms" from Diablo II? That's not too bad of an idea,
but I dunno if it wouldn't make totall mess from one's inventory. Plus, it would take
quite some time to rebalance existing equipement, to compensate for those new
passive bonuses.

Btw, I for one, experience a rapid drop in Inventory menu's performance when I'm
carrying more items.

IMHO too much hassle for something that already has its counterparts in other items.
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

FaustoMartense

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 09:05:23 PM »
Exactly like the Charms in Diablo series. I suspect the problem would be the coding.

The inventory space is very limited right now... so maybe it is a bad idea to also carry passive Charms. Maybe the runes can be used as keys to open magic doors or passages. For example for the side branch, right now you can access each branch without any limitation, maybe with a magic door needing the correct rune, you will have to work a little hard for you to enjoy these side branches.

EDITED: You are right, I never noticed it before, but the last time I played the inventory was very lagged when it was full.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 01:26:27 AM by FaustoMartense »

Watley

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 04:57:49 AM »
I was thinking runes could work a bit like they do for dwarves in a particular tabletop wargame that should remain unmentioned. Specific effects that last a few turns, eg plus to speed or defence. Could also be a way of placing traps, mentioned in the rogue thread.