Author Topic: Religion  (Read 3437 times)

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
Religion
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:42:26 AM »
I know this would be a pain but its such a great addition to my favorite rogues (Slash'em & Powder) but some sort of religion implementation would be cool.  Maybe only slightly at first allowing for the occasional sacrifice or even something as involved as conduct scoring with rewards and punishments.  I must add the game is awesome as is. ;)
When in doubt.  Scroll of Recall

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Religion
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 08:47:36 AM »
This would be a big thing to add, and it might make the game more complicated than I'd want it to be. I've considered it in the past, but so far I have discarded the idea, but not completely ruled it out.

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 07:02:07 AM »
Its not a necessity and the game already includes the mention of prayer as players go down levels and i think we get healed by our gods.  anyways, I understand how complicated such an addition would be but I can honestly say I have a feeling this game is going to just get much more complicated as time goes on... i would just keep it in mind for that rainy day when you've actually run out of stuff to do 
 ;D

X

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 04:40:41 PM »
Its not a necessity and the game already includes the mention of prayer as players go down levels and i think we get healed by our gods.  anyways, I understand how complicated such an addition would be but I can honestly say I have a feeling this game is going to just get much more complicated as time goes on... i would just keep it in mind for that rainy day when you've actually run out of stuff to do 
 ;D

As an easier "religion" option to implement, what if you had a religion you could pick at character creation that changed the effect of prayer each time you go down a level? For instance, you could have one religion that gives you health, as the current prayer does, but have another one that gives you a random item, or one that gives you some gold, or one that permanently increases a stat (such as health) by a small amount.

Nothing game breaking, but it would allow for a bit more customization at character creation and allow for a slightly different experience each time you play a new game.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 12:10:08 AM »
 ;D

As an easier "religion" option to implement, what if you had a religion you could pick at character creation that changed the effect of prayer each time you go down a level? For instance, you could have one religion that gives you health, as the current prayer does, but have another one that gives you a random item, or one that gives you some gold, or one that permanently increases a stat (such as health) by a small amount.

Nothing game breaking, but it would allow for a bit more customization at character creation and allow for a slightly different experience each time you play a new game.
That would be easier to implement, but I'm not sure how much it would add to the game to be honest. The only reason that there is a mention of a god and a prayer is that I wanted to "wrap up" the "give the player some hp and an incentive to go deeper" into a nice sentence :-)

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 08:18:31 AM »
LOL god and prayer are always an afterthought until your about to die LOL.  I like the idea and adding an additional effect between floors.  Just like the perks being implemented instead of some crazy skills/talent tree type thing,  i think its going to be a group of simplified features that will give dweller its appeal. 

FaustoMartense

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 04:41:22 AM »
Perhaps not a whole religion system, but a Paladin, a holy warrior that somehow is helped by his God. If he kill neutral monster he get punished but if he destroy the undead he is rewarded. The reward can be just a small amount of gold, a potion that magically appear on his inventory.
You can even make him unable to use stat boosting potions, that way he just can get an stat boosted by his God.

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 09:09:16 PM »
i like the idea of having more classes but thats kinda far off developement-wise imo.