Author Topic: UI changes  (Read 2804 times)

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
UI changes
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:46:55 AM »
Hey guys. As a part of my work with the new version I'm trying to redo parts of the UI, especially to make the quickslots more useful. I made a post about this and was hoping to hear some feedback from you guys as well. Am I on the right track here? What are the most urgent changes you'd like to see for the UI in Dweller?

Tomahawk

Re: UI changes
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 06:15:43 PM »
When targeting a monster with a ranged weapon/spell/wand, have the cursor "snap" to the nearest monster.  Same thing with the "look" cursor - snap to the nearest "interesting" thing (monster, trap, etc.).

I like the idea of having the mini-map collapse into its own button.

I think you could put the HP display on top of the XP display like in your blog post, with both a status bar and a number (I like seeing both).  I'm not opposed to using the device buttons (i.e. Android's "menu" button) to replace on-screen buttons.

GnPTurtle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 10:29:15 PM »
I'm unsure about getting rid of the menu/etc buttons.  On my phone, I don't see a problem. But I've copied over the game to my Kindle Fire, which doesn't have a dedicated menu/back/etc button. Not sure about other tablets...

I like the new layout. I prefer seeing the numerical values for HP and XP. I personally think that the HP bar above the player's head might be overkill if you've still have it on the character button.
GnPTurtle

Tomahawk

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 11:21:16 PM »
Being a software developer myself, I know everyone always wants more options.  You could always make it an option for having on-screen buttons in the "settings" menu (which would of course default to "on" and always be accessible from the startup screen).

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 07:46:30 AM »
Just add binding where you select an action then push whatever button you want bound ya know... that way you dont have to tailor anything to the hardware non-touch inputs... na mean???
When in doubt.  Scroll of Recall

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 11:09:59 AM »
You can bind most commands to keys using the keybindings option in the settings menu.

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 08:37:25 PM »
in 16.10 the directional pad in landscape mode is now very small any way to increase its size(back to old size)  in the current settings. Also note that the health status is hidden behind the players thumb when using directional pad -it harder to notice that you are about to die in a fierce (read button mashing) battle -maybe move to other side of screen

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 08:05:27 AM »
Dammit, I knew I had forgotten something... Added to the buglist: http://dweller.lighthouseapp.com/projects/88670-dweller/tickets/145-increase-size-of-d-pad

I'll try to fix this tonight.