Author Topic: Where to now...  (Read 2402 times)

stezton

• View Profile
Where to now...
« on: May 20, 2012, 04:14:13 AM »
I seem to have gotten myself stuck. I can't find anyway to go deeper. I've gone to depth 2 (dungeon), depth 3 (dungeon), depth 4 (dungeon) , depth 4 (labyrinth) & depth 5 (labyrinth). I can find no stairs down further.  The squares that look like cracked floor...are they breakable in some way or is that just for looks. I've also disarmed every trapdoor. In doing so did I screw up my chance to go deeper?   :-[

GnPTurtle

• View Profile
Re: Where to now...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 03:46:45 PM »
Go back up to Dungeon 3. There are 2 sets of stairs going down there, one further down the dungeon and another down to Labyrinth side-branch.
GnPTurtle

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 07:49:15 PM »
Indeed, as GnP said, there's two sets of stairs that lead down. Remember that sometimes there are secret doors that will fool you into believing that you've explored an entire level when there's actually more to explore. Using the minimap to find unexplored areas is highly recommended.

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 02:50:43 PM »
on my last two games i have come to a gold colour stone ,one was cracked the other was not -with the map i can see more dungeon beyond the stone but i see no other way into the area -the second time it was over half the level. is there a way past this besides blindly teleporting into the are by chance which id did no try for fear on not getting out. :-\

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 06:59:52 PM »
Hmm, it could be a broken room template, but I bet there is an entrance somewhere that you've missed. Secret doors (and doors in general) are all lined up at specific coordinates. A room is typically 7x7 cells. Exits are on the middle of each edge:

###X###
#.....#
#.....#
X.....X
#.....#
#.....#
###X###

A level is pieced together by picking random 7x7 pieces with matching exits. All levels should be fully connected.

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 07:50:37 PM »
I must admitt I forgot to report the very same issue when I found it a while ago.

There's a "room" consisting of a small (2 tiles deep, 1 tile wide) corridor, made
of those sandstone walls with some tiles cracked, that looks just like a collapsed
passage.

I didn't check whether there's another part of this room, thinking it will all be filled
up to really work like a dead end.
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 03:20:55 PM »
the first time it was in the upper right most corner -definitely no other way in  -second on i had The Magical Dungeon Atlas of Hannes and look at it all the way along its length could not see anyway but the gold block way into the area - are some blocks supposed to be breakable - i thought i saw them in the map generator but never in any of your maps.