Author Topic: Mana/Energy feedback.  (Read 2838 times)

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
Mana/Energy feedback.
« on: May 06, 2012, 03:33:40 PM »
I really like the idea of Mana being reinstituted for Wizards!
It seems to be working pretty nicely adding some kind of resource management. And since Elven Water isn't as common as all kinds of Healing Potions combined, one can't spam them all the time so its all working really well.

A little idea here -  Conjurer's Pendant and/or Wizard's Staff and Hat could add a Energy Regeneration bonus on top of innate 1/turn, with the energy costs for more powerfull spells going up a substantially. Its quite silly that Dragon's Breath can pretty much wipe out entire hordes of enemies while not even costing twice basic fire bolt spell.

Some kind of numerical display for current Energy would be a nice addition too.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 06:46:28 PM by Mateusz P-G »
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
Re: Mana/Energy feedback.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 09:23:56 AM »
A little oddity regarding this Dragon's Breath spell - when in Forest level, player has much larger FoV and trying
to target enemies far away (more than 3 or 4 tiles) will still display green rectangle (they are supposedly in range)
but the spell will only "fizzle" or "backfire". Funny enough, it doesn't do any damage when backfiring either.

By the way - I've seen a couple new spellbook icons already in the Items.png file, but haven't found those ingame.
On the other hand: Book of Flames and Book of Fire Sweep use the same icon as Charred Book of Fire and Book
of Cyclones uses the Book of Transportation icon. Are these new icons planned for some future spells or just not
yet assigned to existing spellbooks?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:39:57 AM by Mateusz P-G »
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 09:04:25 AM »
They are not yet assigned to any spellbooks. I need to add more spells soon, as the spell repertoire is still a bit limited.

I'll add an issue for the range indicator: http://dweller.lighthouseapp.com/projects/88670-dweller/tickets/247-dragons-breath-spell-still-show-targets-too-far-away-as-valid

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 07:00:20 PM »
:) i am really liking the new wizard - only thing that needs to be addressed is the titles/names of spell books when in quick slots -all fire related books say burn -i would be nice if somehow you differentiate the books -maybe -sweep,drag,char, flame,.also if the mana cost could show on icon.-good work these changes make me want to keep playing..