Author Topic: 1.18.0 Bugs and issues.  (Read 3711 times)

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
1.18.0 Bugs and issues.
« on: May 06, 2012, 03:22:35 PM »
Here's a new list. Some of them aren't really new, just collected a couple issues regarding game balance.
;)

- Summoning traps seem undetectable. Dunno whether it's a feature or bug.
- I've found a Drained Amulet of Thot. I guess premade unique items shouldn't be subject to regular items' prefixes.
- Minotaur's Axe still won't damage targets when hitting a sinle foe diagonally. Only knockback is applied.
- Stun on melee weapons is gamebreaking. Since I've found a simple mace on a Warrior it was pretty much over for all the denizens of Goblin King's Dungeons. One can just retreat into a narrow corridor and stunlock enemies one after another. Stuns should be adjusted not to work 100% of the time.
- Magical Dungeon Atlas of Hannes is horribly gamebreaking. As much as I like the item's design, it completely messes up the experience, especially for ranged characters. Free pernament Clairvoyance means all the lightsource items become obsolete, and the choice between +light or good stats on items is gone.
I don't mind free infinite mapping, as I rarely use maps or Wands of Mapping, because its easier to keep track of already visited corridors and rooms without those, but spammable vision range bonus is insane.
Please either remove Clairvoyance part from it or (since it works like a Wand - any character can use it) - simply add Charges to it, to limit its use.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 03:24:42 PM by Mateusz P-G »
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 1.18.0 Bugs and issues.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 07:53:31 AM »
Some comments:

Summoning traps
Hmm, are you sure about this?

Drained amulets and other uniques
True, this should not happen. I did some changes to the way artifact items were generated (you should never be able to find two of the same kind), and I might have broken this.
http://dweller.lighthouseapp.com/projects/88670-dweller/tickets/237-unique-items-should-never-be-enchanted-from-the-start

Stun
Stun is not set to work 100% of the time. I believe it's based off your attack value vs the opponents defense, but it might need to be adjusted, either to reduce the chance or to decrease the time the opponent is stunned.
http://dweller.lighthouseapp.com/projects/88670-dweller/tickets/236-nerf-stun-on-weapons

Minotaur Axe
I'll have a look at this for the next version.
http://dweller.lighthouseapp.com/projects/88670-dweller/tickets/238-axes-do-not-apply-damage-if-used-diagonally

Magical Dungeon Atlas of Hannes
Hmm, you're right. It needs to be adjusted.
http://dweller.lighthouseapp.com/projects/88670-dweller/tickets/239-nerf-magical-dungeon-atlas-of-hannes

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 09:15:21 AM »
Yep, I'm pretty sure about Summoning traps. I haven't detected any in ages.
Easiest to check when you run into a room filled with traps - just spend some turns idle:
all other traps will be found but summoning ones will be still invisible untill triggered.

GnPTurtle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 08:49:10 PM »
Put me down for noticing (or not) the summoning traps issue. I can't think of one my toon has noticed yet. They pop up, I just never find them beforehand.
GnPTurtle

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 08:58:19 AM »

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 07:44:50 AM »
Another thing regarding ranges (again easiest to check with either Magical Atlas or when in Forest level):
- when the target for ranged weapon runs away inbetween shots (targeting mode still active), the rectangle stays green even if it leaves the range of current weapon.

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 03:48:32 PM »
wand of mapping with 10 charges -used it multiple times and it still has 10 charges.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 10:48:23 PM »
Thanks Sewerdweller. Added to the issue tracker and it will be solved in the next release:

http://dweller.lighthouseapp.com/projects/88670-dweller/tickets/250-wands-are-not-depleting-their-charges-properly

Thot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 06:08:55 PM »
Hi! :)

I didn't wrote my usually bug-list for a long time, so let's get is started:

I'm not sure, if it's a bug or active-searching-function, but if I change my cursor in the target mode to the simple (attack?) one, and move it over a chest next to me, it writes "Disable..." even if I didn't notice the trap inside the chest yet. Of course, it works just with the trapped chests.

There is a bug, when I try to enchant the simple quiwer of arrows. I know I shouldn't (because it would be too awesome :) ), but if I try, it messes up a bit. I don't really remember how (maybe I need to reequip it, or something), but there is a problem with that. :)

If I use the target mode's "Move" option, and I change my mind, it would be great, if I could stop the moving.

+1 tip: If the character doesn't have enough money to "buy all" from something, there should be an option, maybe "buy max" or such. It should be handy with the arrows on low levels, and maybe with the potions too.

Anyway: This is still a great game, so go on! :)

Taitorin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 11:15:54 AM »
I found while playing a ranger that the stun on weapons is game breaking, and that if you switch to arrows other than the quiver of arrows, if you run out of those arrows while attacking you have to drop and re pickup the quiver of arrows to be able to reequip them. Also, equipping arrows with your bow removed creates and error where you have to restart the game (error message says something about loops)
Hope this helps :)

digiowl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 06:02:44 PM »
hitting # to cycle targets brings up inventory.