Author Topic: The maze level - good or bad?  (Read 9428 times)

duke

• View Profile
Re: The maze level - good or bad?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 10:03:49 PM »
I think this was a great addtion to the game.  And a couple/few more would be nice as well.

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 02:28:06 PM »
i like the maze level but the reward should be more character specific - not one only the Warrior can use. maybe 3 rewards but only one can be removed at a time.

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 06:52:14 AM »
well that minotaur axe sells for almost 10 grand!! I like character specific rewards in the maze too but logically what would a minotaur have... probly some warrior swag.  kinda makes sense
When in doubt.  Scroll of Recall

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 08:12:07 AM »
The price is a bit too high maybe, but I agree that it makes sense that the minotaur should drop a melee oriented item. I might add a ring or something as well, but the ranger and wizard should still want to kill the minotaur, if only for the gold they can get for selling the axe.

fvanzyl

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 09:34:14 AM »
Maze was interesting.. I was a bit confused at first .. Ran the stage 3 times to make sure I wasnt missing the exit.. then I  realised I had to go back up. LOL

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 02:57:20 PM »
Getting lots of gold is fine if there is something good to spend it on - i find i rarely buy anything but return scrolls . i think you should raise the price (2000-4000) on the ability potions (might ect.) but make them always available. same with enchant scrolls (5000) -make us the want to spend all the cash (and regret it when we do and  a "rare" item shows up) and collect all the little stuff so we can afford to power up our characters -then you can increase the difficulty of the final level -  make it worth the effort - but impossible if you are not high powered enough. maybe if killed by the Goblin King you are sent back to top and leave behind all you equipment (instead of dying). then you have to buy lesser equipment to be able to make it down to the 10th level again and pick up your good stuff before attempting to kill the king again.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 08:06:23 AM »
You're right about item pricing. I need to balance that. The thing is that the item price isn't defined in the data files but rather calculated based on stats, item type, enchants etc. I need to tweak these values and test on a number of different items. Added ticket: http://dweller.lighthouseapp.com/projects/88670-dweller/tickets/138-tweak-item-prices

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 06:54:48 PM »
Minotaur maze was really nice addition, fun to play. I used the Axe till I found a unique Black Sword on my Warrior.
Only thing I'd change is making the Minotaur drop a class-specific item. Perhaps a +Magic ring or crown for Wizard, a +Speed cape or cloak for Ranger.

Other than that, it was a bit too easy considering the power of rewards (I also happened to grab an Amulet of Thot from some random orc in the maze). Methinks the entrance should be moved a little deeper and the maze itself made into more of a challenge regarding monster types.

All in all, great updates lately, love to see new content added!
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 04:02:14 PM »
I agree with you Mateusz, the maze is a bit too easy. I will probably change so that harder monsters spawn there, and possible also add a few more traps. The Minotaur himself is also a bit too easy I think.