Author Topic: RESOLVED - J2ME UI Bugs  (Read 5263 times)

Khaelenmore

• The Lord of Avenor
    • View Profile
RESOLVED - J2ME UI Bugs
« on: April 01, 2012, 05:41:32 PM »
Some UI elements are shown incorrectly with both normal and large tiles enabled. I play j2me version on Nokia 5800. The screenshots are from 1.16.11, but in 1.16.12 everything is the same.
Screenshots:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:36:25 AM by Dweller admin »

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: J2ME UI Bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 08:14:36 PM »
Wow, that doesn't look good. I'll have a look at it as soon as I can: http://dweller.lighthouseapp.com/projects/88670-dweller/tickets/150-j2me-ui-issues-after-11610-release

Khaelenmore

• The Lord of Avenor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 10:41:04 AM »
Now it doesn't look any better. Here is the screenshot:

As you can see: there is still problem with fonts(the amount of hitpoints is not shown fully - maybe hide the character portrait, or move HP text a bit to the left as the portrait is small enough?)
Another problem is background - it's now not refreshing and is showing leftovers of previous frames.
And last one is the icons: they are not shown properly.
The version is 1.17.1

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 01:03:37 AM »
1.17.3 released: I have solved the issue with the white background and the corrupt overlapping tiles. The hitpoints should also be fully visible now.

The icons are more problematic and I need to investigate more.

Encantado

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 08:36:53 AM »
Dweller 1.17.8, Nokia 5800

Broken UI icons (as on screenshots above) are still here.
Broken target portrait - priest icon as mob.
Minimap bug - blinking green dot as position marker isn't good idea for green (grass) background and fov marked disappeared, icon title (minimap) is not on  the proper place.
Arrows for quickslots are invisible

Not sure that it is a good idea to steal desktop pixels for big exp meter.

PS Application Icon is of an unproper size (very very small)
PSS Please, could you add Cancel button for target mode exit

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 08:56:04 AM »
I will prioritize the J2ME UI rendering issue tonight. Adding a cancel icon for targeting mode is already in my todo list.

I've also added some issue for the other reported problems:

Minimap bug
http://dweller.lighthouseapp.com/projects/88670/tickets/198-blinking-player-position-on-minimap-need-to-be-in-a-color-that-makes-it-clearly-visible-all-the-time

Icon
http://dweller.lighthouseapp.com/projects/88670-dweller/tickets/199-j2me-app-icon-is-very-small

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 12:31:55 AM »
I've solved the UI bug and the minimap is using a better color for the blinking position of the player.

monophonic

• View Profile
Re: RESOLVED - J2ME UI Bugs
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »
Now (1.17.9) the display is broken on Sony Ericsson U5i Vivaz. It was just fine on 1.17.8.  :(

With small tiles, notice broken icons:

With large tiles, notice icons take inordinate amount of screen space, are broken, as is the d-pad:

Is there any way to revert to 1.17.8 so I could keep playing?

Encantado

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 11:33:32 AM »
Dweller 1.17.9, Nokia 5800

- Left / right arrow marks are still broken (too small and wrong positioned)
- book icon instead of minimap text
- too short text in quickslot/inspect mode (Ins.., Da..,Rec..) - meaningless, but it takes valuable place
- too small icons in too big squares for target/inspect buttons? plus wrong icons for inventory and inspect modes (looks like arrows from d-pad)
- hit sign missed - blue cloud instead of slash mark
- tap on char standing on item lying on the floor invokes inspect screen with only two choices (use/put in backpack) with no opportunity of cancelling
- target mode buttons don't fit on screen width
- but character icon is too big but has minimun information
- the same about xp screen - too high and has unequal cell width

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 12:58:00 AM »
Thanks. It seems like the problems primarily arise on touch enabled J2ME devices. I have solved some of the problems, but I will need a day or two more to fix all issues. Sorry about this...

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 12:12:14 AM »
1.17.11 was released a few minutes ago. Please let me know if this solves the rendering issues. Thanks.

monophonic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 11:55:41 AM »
Works great on my Vivaz now! Don't feel sorry for anything either, your game is way higher quality than most of the pay-for stuff out there and you don't have an army of testers checking every detail on 1000+ phone models for every release.

Encantado

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 12:46:12 PM »
Dweller 1.17.11, Nokia 5800

- useless xp bar is still here. Maybe 2 pixels line w/o text would be a better variant?
- all rats gone from start level
- too short text in quickslot/inspect mode (Ins.., Da..,Rec..) - is still here. Maybe add icons instead of text?
- tap on char standing on item lying on the floor invokes nothing now - just pick the item up - dialog with 2 options is gone
- minimap button gone, accessible via setting on/off minimap now but working in three modes (weird)
- no access to quickslots but oppurtunity to add smth to these slots is still here
- no cancel button for target mode
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:36:28 PM by Encantado »

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 10:48:19 AM »

- useless xp bar is still here. Maybe 2 pixels line w/o text would be a better variant?
- too short text in quickslot/inspect mode (Ins.., Da..,Rec..) - is still here. Maybe add icons instead of text?
- tap on char standing on item lying on the floor invokes nothing now - just pick the item up - dialog with 2 options is gone
- minimap button gone, accessible via setting on/off minimap now but working in three modes (weird)
- no access to quickslots but oppurtunity to add smth to these slots is still here
I have removed the text on the xp bar on devices with a resolution less than or equal to 320x480. I might also add an option to remove the text on devices with a larger resolution such as on your Nokia 5800.

The melee slash graphics problem will be fixed in the next release.

Are the rats gone all the time, even when you start a new game?

The Equip dialog that pops up when you pick something up will only be shown if you do not already have an item of that type equipped. You probably already had an item of that type equipped.

The minimap and quickslots problem will also be fixed in the next release.

Encantado

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 12:42:17 AM »

I have removed the text on the xp bar on devices with a resolution less than or equal to 320x480. I might also add an option to remove the text on devices with a larger resolution such as on your Nokia 5800.

The melee slash graphics problem will be fixed in the next release.

Are the rats gone all the time, even when you start a new game?

The Equip dialog that pops up when you pick something up will only be shown if you do not already have an item of that type equipped. You probably already had an item of that type equipped.

The minimap and quickslots problem will also be fixed in the next release.

>Are the rats gone all the time, even when you start a new game?
50/50
no rats or rats w/o ai (motionless 10-20 turns then start to stray)

>I have removed the text on the xp bar on devices
2-3 pixels height w/o cells will be great solution imho

>The Equip dialog that pops up when you
not sure that this is correct behaviour (does not work with potions/mushrooms)
better use this dialog anytime with note that we have this item in inventory, add cancel button
this is good method to add item stockpile btw - you can select certain items via this dialog
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:43:50 AM by Encantado »