Author Topic: Quest and Goblin King problems on Android  (Read 1996 times)

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Quest and Goblin King problems on Android
« on: February 06, 2012, 08:24:42 PM »
I've been completely knocked out by a cold these last few days and haven't had the energy to work on Dweller, BUT I think I've come to some kind of conclusion when it comes to quests not completing as expected:
  • The problem only exist on Android
  • The problem starts to appear when Dweller has been put in the background OR when the screen changes orientation (landscape to portrai or vice versa
  • If Dweller is completely terminated (using some kind of taskmanager or possibly via the Exit menu option) things should go back to normal until next time the game is put in the background
  • All of this is caused by how Android handles applications (the application/activity lifecycle) and how Dweller is initiated

Does this match your experience of the problem? If it does I believe it will be easy to fix and I hope to get a chance to work on the problem tonight or tomorrow.

X

• View Profile
Re: Quest and Goblin King problems on Android
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 09:49:38 PM »
Those all sound very similar to what happens to me, so I'd say you're on the right track. It's hard to test because I can't always find sewer rats to kill, but from what I can see, force closing the app and then restarting the game seems to fix the problem. However, I haven't seen that enough to say for sure that's what's happening. I've been meaning to look for the save files to try to get a backup of one of my saves. That would make testing a bit easier.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Quest and Goblin King problems on Android
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 07:33:42 AM »
I have not received any more reports of this being a problem since 1.16.2