Author Topic: Spell book difference  (Read 4087 times)

chosenofragnarok

• View Profile
Spell book difference
« on: January 26, 2012, 11:16:18 AM »
So my question is pritty simple what is the difference between the different books of flame. I think i saw two but i have a feeling there is more?

I've seen:
charred book of flame
and i think book of flame.

What if any is the difference.. The damage seemed more steady with the book of flame then the charred book.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Spell book difference
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 11:31:30 AM »
First of all: I really need improve the spell repertoire for Wizards. There should be a lot more spells than the ones currently in the game. Now on to your question:

One of them does single target damage
The other might hit more than one. Experiment a bit and see what happens if there's more than one monster near the one you target.

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 01:51:09 AM »
Any idea on when some new magic might appear mr admin sir?? just curious
When in doubt.  Scroll of Recall

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 08:40:32 AM »
More spells will be added in the release after the next one. I'm trying to finish the next release and have that available to you guys next week. After that I will start adding more spells.

GnPTurtle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 07:02:26 PM »
As a die-hard Ranger fan, I feel compelled to ask: will some of the new spells also come in scroll form so more than just Wizards can partake in the new goodies? (especially when we've recently lost the ability to use wands...)
GnPTurtle

X

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 04:37:50 PM »
As a die-hard Ranger fan, I feel compelled to ask: will some of the new spells also come in scroll form so more than just Wizards can partake in the new goodies? (especially when we've recently lost the ability to use wands...)
I agree with this, and mentioned as much in my Ranger feedback thread. I think adding consumable scrolls would make the Ranger much more fun to play. On top of that, I think Rangers should have their own unique set of skills (aka spells) to make them a bit more interesting in combat, rather than just "tap, tap, tap, kill."

Even if skills aren't added, consumable scrolls would be fun as well, and would make a fun addition to the wands that are already in place.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 07:57:09 AM »
More spells will be added in the release after the next one. I'm trying to finish the next release and have that available to you guys next week. After that I will start adding more spells.
I've added a Spells thread in the Ideas section of the forum. Please have a look there and add your comments and suggestions for new spells!

http://forum.dwellergame.com/index.php?topic=33.0

fvanzyl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 09:31:44 AM »
Is there a BASE damage difference per spell or is this value purely based on the Magic Level of the Wizard?

It would be helpful to know what is the base damage of each book/spelltype, perhaps listed in the examine screen of the book.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 10:16:42 AM »
It is based on the wizard's magic stat.