Author Topic: New Class: Thief/Rogue + Skills  (Read 5702 times)

Arthur

• View Profile
Re: New Class: Thief/Rogue + Skills
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 05:10:16 AM »
ZiZnak idea is good too. But in that looks. Its not look like a thief but a true ninja

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 06:37:17 AM »
ah yes I've run into all of the guys listed in the link... I was asking if all of the monsters found @ http://files.dwellergame.com/db/img/  have gotten into the game yet... there's quite a few in there I haven't run into
CORRECTION:
I had not run into all of the monsters in the game yet... I just ran into the ghouls!!  lil bald black dudes lol

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 01:50:43 PM by ZiZNaK »
When in doubt.  Scroll of Recall

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 01:25:55 PM »
there's quite a few in there I haven't run into

Only those found under that earlier link are implemented so far.

Other gfx are either for possible future creatures or simply spares that Oryx has
drawn so that the tileset feels complete (classic D&D monsters and classes, etc.).

Comig back to the original topic, I got mixed feelings about rogue class unless
it gets some unique mechanics to it. Otherwise its just gonna be a "ranger that
can't shoot bows and doesn't summon an uber-dog either", considering possible
equipement limitations and Speed above Attack stat distribution.

Ninjas, aside from being fun have this problem with classic fantasy RPG setting,
which is - most of these "worlds" are based off european medieval with fairytale
creatures and magic on top. Putting a ninja into scenario like this feels like totally
pulling him out of the ass. And even if you manage to somehow explain his sudden
presence in those remote lands, there's no way to have him find upgrades to
his exotic weaponry. Somehow monsters now drop katanas, wakizashis, nunchucks
and shurikens too, wait... what?

In short, classic Rogue/Thief - sure, but only if he gets something new like stealth,
backstabbing, setting up traps, you get the picture.
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 03:34:47 PM »
Trap setting is a great skill especially if the thief is smart and sets them in corridors.  Hell if you don't know you should try to lead enemies into corridors most of the time you shouldn't even be playing but i digress... I'm not sure how the back-stab ability would work since we don't see anything from the back in dweller yet but stealth could be very useful... make it so that you aren't noticed until right before you attack and then maybe make you first attack gain some bonus and call that your back-stab?? 

I totally get you on the "out of place ninja" idea and I agree... don't call him a ninja he's a rogue and his abilities reflect that and still keep the D&D theme's integrity and what not... but I still would like him to "LOOK" like a ninja... he can still be a rogue or thief but give him that cool ninja mask... that's all I'm saying...
When in doubt.  Scroll of Recall

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 03:46:38 PM »
i think the key to this class should be the weapons that only they can use - throwing  knives , daggers , hatchets.  -all the former should have high chance to re-apper when monster killed (75-90%) so you can recollect but some will get lost or become unusable so they disappear . instead of bows maybe a poisoned blow gun or sling with limited stones or other throw-able items such as exploding powder to blind/stun. also maybe move in darkness - items that reduce visibility or turn out lights so there is less chance for monsters to see you from a distance and gang up. -run away 2-3 squares and you disappear from the monsters range. we should still be able to target them but will have to find them with the reticule if out of the light range but still in target range (reduce accuracy).