Author Topic: Prefix to non bosses monsters  (Read 1611 times)

FaustoMartense

• View Profile
Prefix to non bosses monsters
« on: March 31, 2012, 03:09:49 AM »
Recalling the old days of Diablo or the long forgotten Hellbreath, I would like to see the addition of a prefix system. These prefixes would appear randomly in the different monsters that are not bosses.
At first there could be only two, such as anti physical and anti magical. 50% or more of physical defense increased compared to the attributes of that monster or 50% or more magic resistance increased compared to the original attributes of that monster, respectively. But later more can be added.

What do you think? Can be added? It would give some new problems with strong monsters for both, Melee and Magic.

Edit: This could help with the game being too easy using the mage, since the anti magic creatures would be really hard to bring down with the correct % of magic damage reduction.
And would bring some new problems to the warrior and archer making them need to use a wand to kill anti physical creatures.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 04:23:29 AM by FaustoMartense »

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Prefix to non bosses monsters
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 08:10:09 PM »
I'm not sure if you've come across any, but there are named more powerful versions of existing monsters. They are randomly named and a bit more powerful. Things like The Giant Spider "Venomfang" and so on. These mini-bosses are not taken to any extremes, but things similar to what you suggest would make things more interesting.

FaustoMartense

• View Profile
Re: Prefix to non bosses monsters
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 08:50:01 PM »

I found a lot of these mini boss. The idea is really good, but perhaps these two prefix can add a little more spice to random monsters that are not bosses or mini bosses.