Author Topic: Quests  (Read 9731 times)

Arthur

• View Profile
Re: Quests
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 12:47:24 AM »
Collect 50 piles of bones and exchange it for 1 artifact/item rarely seem like scroll of enchat, potion of might, potion of change just like that

The Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 10:56:45 AM »
ye- , i kinda agree to ziznak.. :DD

Watley

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 05:07:02 AM »
I'd like to see rewards for killing x amount of enemies, eg: 100 goblins gets you some gold. Also, those named monsters should fetch a reward on the surface, especially the sewer troll who is harder to get rid of than GK. These need not be quests as such, but goals to further the game.

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 07:06:35 PM »
i like the new warrior quest -just wondering are the summoned warriors stats effected by the quality of the items you brought to him -if not could they be -ie if i give him a "godly sword" instead of a plain old short sword he would make a better companion at higher levels. this would also discourage the player from just buying the cheapest items he needs from the merchants to give to the Warrior. this could work for all items including healing (the better the potion the higher his health including a scroll of healing as the highest health level for him) -also i think we should outfit him completely -boots, helmet, cloak as well as the existing -would extend the quest and make sense that he needs all the basic items. -if this cannot be done the at minimum the item should be one up from the basic unit to prevent the fore-mentioned buy and give.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 12:51:23 AM »
Currently any plain old buckler, leather armor and sword will do. The quest system doesn't support specifying item quality I'm afraid. The idea is nice, but it is currently not doable.

Thot

• View Profile
Quest idea
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 01:31:33 AM »
Quest from cleric:
"Bring me some mushroom, so after that I can grow them for you!"
Bring 5 mushrooms, and you can buy mushroom from the cleric just after that. Until that there are just antidote/healing potion.

Or bring mushrooms, and the cleric will make an antidote potion from them.

(I'm not sure, if this can be done right now. If it needs too much work, leave it. :) )

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 11:24:41 PM »
I've been playing the recent version with a Wizard for quite
some time and I've found a lot of problems with dealing any
good damage spikes. I guess I've had some really bad luck
with books and didn't find a Book of Flames till very late in
any of those games. It does have more damage than the
regular Book of Fire, doesn't it?

I would like to suggest a quest that could guarantee some
mid-tier equipement for every class, with possible rewards
being:

- Book of Flames
- Dwarven Chainmail
- Fine Recurve Bow?

And the quest itself revolving around killing a couple Orcs,
Goblins or a player's first Goblin Captain/Shaman.

In a longer term, I'd like to tackle the problem of equipement
droped not really scaling properly. A player can just as well
find say: a Plate Mail or a Book of Dragon's Breath pretty much
straight away at lvl 1 or 2 or struggle to find that one piece
of desired equipement for all eternity.

Meanwhile, take a look at Diablo or another succesfull title:
equipement found is always slightly better than what was to
be found in previous location and stuff at shops costs slightly
more than you can currently afford, for a good item, to keep
you coming back. I'd love to see that kind of balance and
incentive in Dweller as well!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:29:13 PM by Mateusz P-G »
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

stubble

• View Profile
Merchant quests
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 07:30:51 AM »
Quest:The rouge
Description:A few days ago, while you were down in the dungeon,a rouge attacked me and stole an artifact.If you can kill him,the artifact is yours.
Requirements:Down in dungeon for 20 minutes.
Rewards:A random artifact.
PS:the rouge is damn tough.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 08:10:15 AM »
Merged this with the Quest "sticky" topic. I'd like to add more quests and I'll try to make find a way to make submitting quests a lot easier than it is today. If I can get quests submitted to me in the required format then it would be a breeze to add 'em.

malaprop

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 03:36:40 PM »
Duh! Vampire Hunter!

I: VAMPIRE HUNTER
N: QUEST_VAMPIRE_HUNTER_NAME
D: QUEST_VAMPIRE_HUNTER_DESC
L: 1
S: CREATURE_CLERIC
E: CREATURE_CLERIC
G: KILL 20 CREATURE_VAMPIRE
R: ITEM_GOLDCOINS 2000 (OR SOME KIND OF COOL CLOAK WOULD BE AWESOME)
X: 1000
Q: NONE

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2013, 11:51:14 PM »
Great, thanks! This quest will be included in the next release.

CFS

• View Profile
    • Vilseck Translations
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 08:54:29 PM »
I got some ideas, too:

-There is a time limit on the prisoner rescue. If you fail to deliver what he needs within a certain period of time, he will die.
-The prisoner doesn't disappear after he's safe. You need to guide him to the surface alive.
-The merchant and cleric are in prison on the first level of the dungeon. You need to rescue them first before they sell you stuff on the surface.
-There is a walled-in graveyard on the surface. Everytime you deliver bones to the cleric, a tombstone appears on the graveyard. If the graveyard is full, the cleric will not accept any more bones. Thus you need to find other ways to level up. "Bonecollector" is way too easy.
-Allies (dog, cat, warrior, charmed creature) will turn into enemies after being killed by an undead creature (ghoul, corpse, vampire, skeleton)
-If you sacrifice a unique item to the cleric, he will enchant you. Choose, whether you want to be immune to poison, slowing or fire (fire still takes hp, but you can't burn anymore).

Behold the Urkraft, behold the sacred force
We strike with the wrath of the rightful
We wield the invincible puritan blade

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 04:51:43 AM »
I:THE ROUGE
N:QUEST_THE ROUGE_NAME
D:QUEST_THE ROUGE_DESC
L:10
S:CREATURE_WEALTHYMERCHANT
E:CREATURE_WEALTHYMERCHANT
G:KILL 1 CREATURE_ROUGE
R:ITEM_RANDOM ARTIFACT
X:1000
Q:NIL

Jesusgeorg

• Somewhere between Casual and Hardcore gamer. Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2013, 06:50:35 PM »
I: ENCHANTED
N: QUEST_ENCHANTED_NAME
D: QUEST_ENCHANTED_DESC
L: 25
S: CREATURE_WEALTHYMERCHANT
E: CREATURE_WEALTHYMERCHANT
G: LOOT 20 MANAPOTION
R: SCROLLOFENCHANT 1
X: 100
Q: RECHANTED

Some Enchanted Evening:
"So, you've been running all over the dungeon for a while now. Any luck finding magical equipment? You know, I dabbled in sourcery when I was younger. I enchant all the stuff I sell, when I can find the time and resources. If you just want to enchant something you've got, I'd be happy to make you a scroll to do it. I'd need 20 flasks of Elven Water though. The process is pretty magic-energy intensive, and I get really bloody thirsty besides. We can trade."

I: RECHANTED
N: QUEST_RECHANTED_NAME
D: QUEST_RECHANTED_DESC
L: 25
G: LOOT 20 MANAPOTION
R: SCROLLOFENCHANT 1
X: 100
Q: RECHANTED

I Re-Chant:
"Hey, that stuff hit the spot! Tell you what, this is going to be a standing deal. 20 flasks of Elven Water, one scroll of Enchantment. It'd be my pleasure."

Jesusgeorg

• Somewhere between Casual and Hardcore gamer. Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2014, 04:33:43 AM »
Ok, this is a long one, but I felt a quest chain would be a nice addition to give the game a running story/gag. I apologize in advance. In fact, Bjorn and Matuesz, feel free to delete the post entirely if it's just a waste of space. I totally understand if I'd need to donate some more to get any of this going, considering how much is involved.

Some of the new items involved are just macguffins, but some uniques are added for the sole purpose of making the chain make sense. Uniques can be replaced by commons or whatever you feel is best. I didn't detail the uniques because I'm a bit tired now, and like I said, I'm already kinda overstepping my bounds.

Bloodthirsty Merchant Quest Chain

I: RATLINGDOOM
N: QUEST_RATLINGDOOM_NAME
D: QUEST_RATLINGDOOM_DESC
L: 15
G: KILL 10 CREATURE_RATLING
R: ITEM_RATFANGRING
X: 150
Q: ORCSBANE
Doom of the Ratlings:
"You've been good with those sewer rats, but did you know there are even bigger vermin that threaten us? Ratlings! They're almost intelligent, and scare the bejeezuz out of me. Kill 10 of them, bring me their fangs as proof, and I'll see about rewarding you again."
Item: Ring of Ratfangs - like a bloodforged ring with an HP boost
"A ring made from the incisors of Ratlings, expertly linked and not quite so gorey as you'd imagine."

I: DEPOSEDSHAMAN
N: QUEST_DEPOSEDSHAMAN_NAME
D: QUEST_DEPOSEDSHAMAN_DESC
G: KILL 10 CREATURE_SHAMAN
R: ITEM SHAMANHELM
Q: WORGSFOE
Deposing the Shaman
"I must say I feel a bit safer now that you've culled the herd of Ratlings, but they'll be back. You know why? Shaman! There are Shaman who lead these creatures and teach them to hate us! Kill 10 of the Ratling Shamans, and bring me the brooches that hold their horrible cloaks as proof, and you'll be paid generously!"
Item: Shamanic Circlet of Rats - like a weak wizard hat with an MP boost
"A bit gaudy, but it appeals to the Rat gods, and hey, what could that hurt?"

I: WORGSFOE
N: QUEST_WORGSFOE_NAME
D: QUEST_WORGSFOE_DESC
G: KILL 10 CREATURE_WORG
R: ITEM WORGBOOTS
Q: VERMINBLIGHT
The Worgsfoe
"I thought we were safe when you brought me proof that the Shamans would preach no more to the Ratlings... but as I approached the dungeons myself, I saw red, demonic eyes stare out at me from the darkness! I heard snarls like that of wolves, but with words almost like those of orcs! Worgs! You must protect us from them! KILL 10 OF THEM AND BRING ME THEIR PELTS! YOU MUST!"
Item: Worgskin Boots - like dwarf boots with a speed boost
"Quite warm, but it's a little unsettling wearing the skin of something sentient..."

I: VERMINBLIGHT
N: QUEST_VERMINBLIGHT_NAME
D: QUEST_VERMINBLIGHT_DESC
G: KILL 10 CREATURE_RAT
R: ITEM RATTAIL
X: 10
Q: PEACE
Mousetrap
As you approach, the merchant's eyes dart back and forth, and he wrings his hands in open anxiety. "Do you hear them? In the woods? I see them..." his voice drops to a whisper. "I hear them plotting! They'll rise I tell you! They see what we've done, and they'll do worse to us! I know it!" His face twists into a maniacal grin, "But we can stop them, you and me! Yes! Kill 10 of those Giant Rats that haunt these woods, and bring me their tails as proof! I'll make something wonderful from them! OH YES I WILL!" He giggles to himself as you back away.
Item: Rat Tail Bracelet - No Stats or Powers, magic item slot only because it would be funny to wear it.
"Well, it's the thought that counts. Maybe it would impress Bahamut..."

I: PEACE
N: QUEST_PEACE_NAME
D: QUEST_PEACE_DESC
G: LOOT 1 WANDOFSLOWING
LOOT 1 WANDOFHEALING
LOOT 1 BOOKOFSLEEP
LOOT 1 POTIONOFDETECTMONSTERS
R: ITEM VALIUM
Q: OKFINE
Give Peace a Chance
"Have you noticed our friend, the Merchant? He seems... overwhelmed lately. I feel the stress and despair of this place is beginning to weigh on him. I'll tell you what, for both our sake, let's try to help him. If you can bring me... let's see... Soothing, Rest, Clarity, Focus, yes, bring me a Wand of Healing, a Rod of Slowing, a Book of Sleep, and a Potion of Clairvoiance. I should be able to combine the magical essences of the rods and the book into the potion, and create a medicine to help our friend settle down."
Item: Potion of Serenity - You cannot use this item.
"Actually, this potion smells pretty nice. Shouldn't taste it right now, but you might ask the Healer to mix one for you when this is all over."

I: OKFINE
N: QUEST_OKFINE_NAME
D: QUEST_OKFINE_DESC
G: LOOT VALIUM
R: ITEM GOLD 150
Q: NIGHTSTALKERS
Time for a Nap
As you approach, the Merchant seems to be muttering to himself, staring into the shadows, jumping at every snap of a twig. "Ah, it's you my friend! I have another proposition for you!" Before he can continue, you hand him the potion and ask him to drink it. At first suspicious, he soon decides he can trust you, and downs the bottle in seconds. His tense features begin to loosen, and he sits down. "You know friend, maybe I've been a little high strung lately. You have things fully under control, and between the Healer and the Trainers, I think we can handle ourselves up here afterall." He pauses. "Hey, you know what's a funny word? Bauble. Hee hee. Bauble!" He giggles a little more, then begins snoring  - well, he's better than he was. 

I: NIGHTSTALKERS
N: QUEST_NIGHTSTALKERS_NAME
D: QUEST_NIGHTSTALKERS_DESC
L: 30
G: KILL 10 CREATURE_WRAITH
R: ITEM CLOAK_WRAITH
X: 300
Q: NIL
Nightstalkers
"I'm glad to see you friend. I didn't want to mention this to our Merchant friend for fear of his nerves, but I have seen a threat in the darkness that I feel must be quelled before it becomes too much for our small band to contain. Their very touch wearies the muscles, they move as shadows and follow just as relentlessly, their cold eyes peer from beneath hoods with hatred for the living. Bring us the cloaks of 10 Wraiths, though, and perhaps we can find some evidence of their weakness!"
Item: Wraithencloak - Prevents Slow, Boosts Magic, Boosts Mana
"Apparently woven from shadows, but sanctified by benevolent gods, this otherworldly cloak is actually pretty stylish looking."