Author Topic: dweller  (Read 3158 times)

stubble

• View Profile
dweller
« on: August 31, 2014, 06:07:52 PM »
Disclaimer:this is all my own honest opinion so no rage or whatsoever.
Dweller used to be a really fun game with usual updates from the forums.But now not only is it lacking compared to other roguelike (quest of dungeons I'm looking at you) and it's so easy.to me I have given up on dweller already and I urge u fellow dwellers to just play other games while waiting for dev to work on his new game and stop whining.to dev:just remove the game from playstore it just isn't good enough to be available now let it die thanks

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
Re: dweller
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 10:59:29 PM »
Rageqiut unspectacular.
 ;)
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:18:02 PM »
Meh no idea what u talking about oh well whatever another person who still wants to play dweller oh well...

CFS

• View Profile
    • Vilseck Translations
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 10:54:29 AM »
Dweller will never die.
Behold the Urkraft, behold the sacred force
We strike with the wrath of the rightful
We wield the invincible puritan blade

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 02:50:04 PM »
Dweller will never die.
Unless we all forgot it.
YOLO! Trying to do low-level challenge.

CFS

• View Profile
    • Vilseck Translations
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 04:13:11 PM »
Your argument is invalid, Sir.

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 07:17:47 PM »
Pls stop arguing the game is dead why not u try this amazing game called pixel dungeon and honestly compare the two games tell me your opinion

CFS

• View Profile
    • Vilseck Translations
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 01:57:38 AM »
1. Pixel Dungeon is a good lot too hard.
2. Not a quarter the effort put into Dweller was spent on Pixel Dungeon.
3. Because this is the Dweller forum, not the Pixel Dungeon forum.

Feel free to play whatever you like, there are plenty of games out there. I like Red Wizard, for example. Or Andor's Trail, which is of epic proportions for a mobile game. However, I suggest you quit hating on Dweller, though. There's no point in judging a game that's going to be in development over and over and calling it "dead" just because in its current phase it isn't as flawless as previous versions. People like you drive the developer into saying "F*** it all" and make him quit.

If you don't like Dweller I don't understand why you're still here. I'm loyal to this game and I am old enough to have my own opinion. If you're looking for a Chevy, don't walk into a Ford store. No offense, just sayin'.

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 04:45:48 AM »
Good luck smart guy,you said not a quarter of effort put into dweller was put into pixel dungeon well show that to me then smart guy.
You said pixel dungeon was hard well we all have our preference for difficulty and after playing a bit u will find it less so.the dev already mentioned he is working on another game and most probably never working on dweller again so just remove it from the app store

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 04:48:52 AM »
My guess is u never played the really early versions of dweller so u are used to this inactivity oh and I'm pretty sure a whole lot more effort was put into pixel dungeon,butthurt fan is obvious oh and I never said you cudnt have your own opinion smart guy

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 04:51:16 AM »
Oh and it is really clear that you din read my entire post :I urged u guys to play other games while waiting for dev to finish his new game too bad you din even read and acted like an idiot
Finally I don't hate on dweller by calling it dead cos thats the truth learn to read smart boy
Edit:your second point made me really laugh you obviously  have no idea what ur talking about and you obviously did not understand my post well bye smart boy who does not understand before arguing
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 04:56:04 AM by stubble »

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 12:40:51 PM »
Stubble, seriously - you're way too emotional about this.
As for Pixel Dungeon, while it is most likely the best mobile Roguelike when it comes to optimalisation for touchscreens (Dungeon of Slyn for example is much deeper in every aspect and better balanced, but it's just a pain in the ass to navigate around), it does have its shortcomings too.
First of all, it's way too drop-dependent and if you don't get a proper Armor and Weapon early on you're doomed to slowly bleed out of all healing potions and food (from resting), making further progress impossible.
Secondly, late gameplay often requires strategies which are so ridicoulusly far fetched and narrow, that you're going to have real trouble advancing if you didn't read the online walkthroughs.

Bear in mind that Dweller was first designed for phones with physical keypads and only ported to Android almost a decade later. It was, and still remains a landmark in mobile entertainment as the first and THE best J2ME Rougelike ever created.
If you want proof of the effort put into it's production, consider the fact that Bjorn has been first writing it in the times when devices were restrained to 64kB for OTA downloads, so he had to squeeze all the code and assets in that amount of memory.
It was a journey into the unknown as noone before has picked up the genre on J2ME. Today, games like Pixel Dungeon can get away with any kind of messy coding, readily available libraries and other tools which cut down the effort to a fraction, and there are virtually no limits when it comes to storage or computing power.

If your only purpose of being here is to bitch and moan, then do yourself a favour and act like the wiser ones do - stop posting untill there's an update and you have something relevant to say.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 05:48:12 PM by Mateusz P-G »
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 10:21:40 AM »
Ok you should be right about the game and whatever but there won't ever be an update

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 10:26:24 AM »
Anyway even if my tone made it seem like  I was bitching I really just wanted to tell you guys to stop whining about the dev too bad it seemed like it was me instead
@mateuz if u tot I was whining it's k I am probably being emo about it but this is what I feel and about pixel dungeon you are right about the item drops but probably just u bad

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 10:44:00 AM »
Sorry if I sounded like a bad guy tho just speaking out my opinion sry dweller guys :(