Author Topic: Hardcore mode  (Read 1454 times)

stubble

• View Profile
Hardcore mode
« on: June 03, 2014, 02:48:03 PM »
Im very sure that a majority of the dweller community agrees how easy the game is so how about an option below "new game" that's called "HARDCORE MODE".
All monsters from lv3 onwards have 300% their original health,150% their original stats and "self healing" which regenerates their health by 10% every turn they are passive.
Bosses have 500% their original health,200% original stats, and an aura that further increases the stats of all monsters around them.
To make up for it, chests drop better stuff than just t1 stuff but artifacts have even lower drop chances.
So how many people like this?

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
Re: Hardcore mode
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 03:08:02 PM »
You mean impossible mode now.
In my opinon monsters should have slighty buffed stats, but player would have no xp gain from traps and would gain a stat point every two levels. In addition, Scroll of Recall would have higher drop chance, but they would be unbuyable. No scrolls of enchanting, no named artifacts, no charming book, no items with status resistance, levitation or summons. Yes, even my favourite dog. The only quests existent in hardcore mode should be GK questline.
YOLO! Trying to do low-level challenge.

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 04:05:20 PM »
Adding on, I feel there should be more monsters, significantly more monsters that truly feel different, not just have different stats and name.eg. ghoul and the zombie in crypt well u get what I mean like more monsters with a certain tactic to beat,eg pixel dungeon like say the monk and the shaman etc..

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 08:12:37 PM »
I have been thinking of unlocking new things when the player beats the game. Hardcore/Ironman mode would be one such idea. Not sure if/when it will happen though.

Bower

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 10:31:59 PM »
How about a timer? I think becoming godly strong isn't too hard with a little patience, but a ticking clock is the most stressful/exciting tweak, and I expect it isn't all that hard to implement.