Author Topic: J2me bug report - May 2014 - beta version  (Read 3678 times)

Kaku

• View Profile
J2me bug report - May 2014 - beta version
« on: May 05, 2014, 05:20:58 PM »
Hello, a big Dweller fan here. I had to create an account to post my problems with the beta. Which is not something I usually do because I'm member of many forums and wikis already, and moderator of another one. Just to many passwords and usernames!

phone: Nokia asha 302. Is just a qwerty phone, no touch. J2me capable, 320x240.
Dweller version: I can't remember the exact version, is the current beta form May 04. I just deleted the jar.
Problem: it shows an error report right after selecting a character.
The error log holds the focus, so I can move the screen up and down with the cursor keys, but the screen is covered by the "send report" and "close" buttons, which can't be selected actually. I can read something there behind it says something like:
ninepatchimage draw () done
exception in mainLoop, update UI.
There is more text, but I can not read it because is covered by the notice dialog. So it crashes after selecting a character, I can not see the playing field at all.
This does not happen with the old dweller. And there were some of the news betas  (with the old UI) that did work, although really slow, and with a virtual keypad that I would like to disable, because my phone is not touch.
I suppose that if the game doesn't work with my s40 phone, it will not work on all of them. Not sure.
Please find a way to fix it. This is a great game!
P.s. I speak Spanish btw, so my English may not be the best.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:15:24 PM by Kaku »

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
Re: J2me bug report - May 04 beta version
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 06:35:27 PM »
The most important things in the error screen are error name (something like java.NullPointerException) and error messeage. They are on top of list, so when you don't have something like 128x160 screen it should be easily readable. Also you should try to make the char again.
YOLO! Trying to do low-level challenge.

Kaku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 08:30:46 PM »
Hi, thanks a lot. But I can not see the log, it is behind the "send bug report"/"close" dialog. I just tried, there is some text which shows "invalid keyCode". And the log screen has the focus not the prompt dialog. So I can't send an error report, I don't know how that works to be honest.
Now doesn't let me to select anything after the language selection.
I made installations using both jad and jar, and the jar only. Downloading both using UC browser and then renaming both extensions from _jad to .jad and _jar to .jar.

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 11:39:56 PM »
You say invalid key code? I don't have much expirience in java, just some basic things, but in my opinion you can try to... change buttons. Possibly something got bugged here across versions. If you can't access it because of another bug screen (like me on android), then try to reinstall game completely. If bug is still here, then only Bjorn can save us.
Instaedit: I forgot about right button. Try pressing it on next bugscreen, and say if that works.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:42:50 PM by makiki »

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 10:06:32 PM »
Hmm, did you have an old version installed? If so, please try and uninstall and then install the beta.

Kaku

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 11:53:47 PM »
Nope, just the latest beta. I tried again, and did a fast up/down with the keys, to see what is behind the dialog, the message is about the keycode.
So not sure, but I remember that I was able to play the beta version that had the key binding problems.
I want to add that my phone is a qwerty key pad one. Is like the Nokia C3, but with better specs.
I'm going to download the latest stable version to see if it works.

Zadezl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 02:29:20 AM »
I'm quite busy now so I glad to see someone posted a feedback of the new beta.
Kaku had showed all issues of many lasts beta, I notice that all s40 phone ( even new models ) can't not play the beta.
I think that due to the low RAM they have, and this has hapened since the beta that used new system to make Android devices run the game faster was released

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 12:25:21 AM »
I'll take a look at the J2ME issues tomorrow.

Zadezl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 05:08:40 PM »

Thanks, wew, many betas come regularly. I think now you have more free time than before, right?

Kaku

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 08:18:10 PM »
Thank you!
And if you can fix it (hopefully), then please tell how to disable the cursor onscreen.

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 11:23:58 PM »
Thank you!
And if you can fix it (hopefully), then please tell how to disable the cursor onscreen.
What do you mean about onscreen cursor?

Kaku

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 11:52:46 PM »
There is like a keypad for touch devices I think. I have played with that on screen before. It covers a portion of the game area.

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 08:50:15 AM »
There is like a keypad for touch devices I think. I have played with that on screen before. It covers a portion of the game area.
It shows only in landscape mode, and in options there is disable virtual keypad or something like this.

Kaku

• View Profile
Re: J2me bug report - May 2014 - beta version
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 10:18:51 PM »
Yeah, my resolution is more wide than tall (320x240). But can't be rotated. So the key pad is always there.

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
Re: J2me bug report - May 2014 - beta version
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 10:27:00 PM »
Yeah, my resolution is more wide than tall (320x240). But can't be rotated. So the key pad is always there.
Not-so-ninja edit: My phone + opera mini + small misfortune moment = bug in the forum...
I just typed the post, left phone on the table for 10 minutes and... post disapperaed.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:09:12 PM by makiki »