Author Topic: [v1.24.25](Android) No Graphics Loading  (Read 2092 times)

FlyingShisno

• View Profile
[v1.24.25](Android) No Graphics Loading
« on: April 11, 2014, 03:21:24 AM »
My device is a Samsung Galaxy Indulge. When I load the game, the first intro/menu screen has the bottom half red, when I enter the game, no graphics load. From the sounds made, I can still move around. As for what I can see, all I see is some numbers at the bottom, and the occasional exclamation mark that I'm assuming is the NPC's. I have sound, and can sometimes click into the inventory screen, though I can't back out and the menu button does not do anything.

It's been like this for the last few versions, if this goes live, can someone point me towards an apk for v1.24.18? It's the latest working version for me. Dweller is my main game when commuting or away from my computer in general, so it'd would be great if I could get an earlier version (v1.24.18) that works on my device.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [v1.24.25](Android) No Graphics Loading
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 08:24:59 PM »
Is this the phone: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_r910_galaxy_indulge-3774.php ?

It's probably an opengl issue. I'll have a look at how the game is initialized.

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 11:11:32 PM »
My device is a Samsung Galaxy Indulge. When I load the game, the first intro/menu screen has the bottom half red, when I enter the game, no graphics load. From the sounds made, I can still move around. As for what I can see, all I see is some numbers at the bottom, and the occasional exclamation mark that I'm assuming is the NPC's. I have sound, and can sometimes click into the inventory screen, though I can't back out and the menu button does not do anything.

It's been like this for the last few versions, if this goes live, can someone point me towards an apk for v1.24.18? It's the latest working version for me. Dweller is my main game when commuting or away from my computer in general, so it'd would be great if I could get an earlier version (v1.24.18) that works on my device.
Have you tried reinstalling Dweller?
YOLO! Trying to do low-level challenge.

FlyingShisno

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 11:40:52 PM »
@DwellerAdmin Yup, that's the phone.

@Makiki Yup, tried re-installing it multiple times, no change. v1.24.24 strait up didn't work, crashing almost as soon as it started. The other beta versions had the same problem as I stated above.

Edit: Actually, the "lower half of screen is red" is a new thing for me in v1.24.25.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 12:56:32 AM »
I figured out what was wrong with the graphics. The OpenGL hardware acceleration implementation differs slightly between device and/or chip manufacturers. The texture sizes I used didn't work on some devices. I have uploaded a new beta version if you would care to try that and let me know how it goes. Thanks in advance!

FlyingShisno

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 02:04:48 AM »
It's working now! Most my problems now are mostly because of my old device now I think. Game runs a bit slow, and the UI at the bottom is small, making the numbers larger than the items and the buttons at the bottom in general hard to press. In a lot of the menu's the text is larger than the buttons and items. Also, the intro picture didn't show up.

For the game itself, I do like the new inventory system, Makes things a lot easier and convenient. I haven't played too much into the actual game yet though.

I think I'll hold off on updating to the newest version until I can get a new phone, or keep a v1.24.18 apk handy. Thanks for the help!

Edit 1: Wanted to clarify on the small UI bit. The entire new bottom bar is too small and hard to see/press on my device, like it's trying to use a larger resolution layout and then forced to fit the screen. The item icons on the quickslot are hard to see, and the numbers are as big as the items, and the often 'glitch' together. For the inventory screen, the numbers and names for the items extend out their boundaries, along with the colored boxes. Also in the inventory is the words in the title bar, the "kill tracker" button, and the "equipment" button all extend past their boundaries.

Also, that slowness I spoke of is only for the "Home Town". In the dungeon itself it runs smoothly.

In the settings, the bottom settings menu kinda glitches in and out of the bottom bar. It also doesn't scroll since technically the entire Settings menu is displayed on screen even though the bottom bar is messing it up, so I can't scroll up and down to see what the bar is covering. Same with NPC dialogue options menu.

Also, the textures for the game screen and inventories background picture don't seem as crisp like the PCs.

I think if the graphic problems were fixed, I'd use the new version since the town slowness isn't too bad, and it isn't in the dungeon.

Edit 2: I'm just gonna put all my bugs here rather than starting a whole new thread.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 03:01:14 AM by FlyingShisno »

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 07:37:31 AM »
Thank you for the bug report! I'll look into the issues you have reported and see if I can figure out what's wrong.

Yttermayn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 05:04:34 PM »
I'll second the small ui buttons thing, and add: There is a bug where when I tried to move my charred book of fire to another slot, I got an error. Basically, the book is already in a slot, then I hit an empty slot and select the book and that's when it gives the error. The version is 1.24.27.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 05:18:15 PM »
I've uploaded a new version with larger (and fewer) quickslot. The quickslot assign issue should be resolved as well.