Author Topic: New Dweller beta - Android test help needed  (Read 8010 times)

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
Re: New Dweller beta - Android test help needed
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 07:13:24 PM »
I'm downloading the latest beta as I type this!!! yay Bjorn is BACK!!!!
When in doubt.  Scroll of Recall

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 07:37:34 AM »
I have moved from a system font to a bitmap font and forgot to include some characters when I generated the font. I have uploaded a new beta version with the missing character. Thanks for reporting!
Still no Polish letters. What coding you have used?

EDIT: I just found funny example: instead of 'potężny wojownik'(Mighty Warrior), there is 'potny wojownik'(Sweaty Warrior or something like that...). I found this on intro text.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:44:42 AM by makiki »
YOLO! Trying to do low-level challenge.

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 02:10:55 PM »
Another bug: NoSuchMethod error when trying to change buttons.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 12:29:38 AM »
I have moved from a system font to a bitmap font and forgot to include some characters when I generated the font. I have uploaded a new beta version with the missing character. Thanks for reporting!
Still no Polish letters. What coding you have used?

EDIT: I just found funny example: instead of 'potężny wojownik'(Mighty Warrior), there is 'potny wojownik'(Sweaty Warrior or something like that...). I found this on intro text.
I'm uploading a new version now with more characters included. There are still some clipping issues with the font but most (all?) characters should be present now.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 12:34:39 AM »
Oh, you got an out of memory error. On which device?
Nokia x2-01 and asha 300. I've even tried to lower quality of all images but it didnt work
I've done some changes to the latest beta. It should work better on low-memory devices now.

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 11:19:27 AM »
I'm uploading a new version now with more characters included. There are still some clipping issues with the font but most (all?) characters should be present now.
OK, now the only Polish letter missing is 'ż' letter. But don't worry, now the game is readable in Polish language.

artikid

• Old school artist
    • View Profile
    • artikid's visual gallery
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2014, 09:12:17 AM »
No real bugs, but dweller is kinda slowish compared to how it was before. I'm using a galaxy tab 10.1
Ni dieu, ni maitre

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2014, 11:09:12 PM »
No real bugs, but dweller is kinda slowish compared to how it was before. I'm using a galaxy tab 10.1
I think you should have faster Dweller than before.
On my phone Dweller was fast and now is still fast.

JimmyMike

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2014, 07:45:01 AM »
I take it back; it opened, but now the hp and mana meter graphics are all scrambled.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 07:47:14 AM by JimmyMike »

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2014, 10:20:22 AM »
A new version has been released (1.24.28). It contains three changes:

* Larger (and fewer) quickslots
* Scroll of Recall fix
* Items can no longer be dropped on portals

Jesusgeorg

• Somewhere between Casual and Hardcore gamer. Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2014, 09:51:02 PM »
Honestly, at this point my phone is so old that it's probably not worth supporting, but I'll list the issues I found in case the info is useful, and because they're kinda funny. First the phone stats:

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gravity_smart-3969.php

Samsung Galaxy Smart (not so smart really)
SGH-T589
Android Version 2.2.2
Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-perfuyoung.lee@sep-19#1
Build Number FROYO.UVKF1

Samsung dropped support for this phone practically after releasing it, so there's no chance of upgrade. Any glitches in the OS are permanent, so in order to work around them, I needed to do a variety of terrible things to it, including gaining root access, altering the default storage location, and installing "Link2SD" and "Root Uninstaller." I am using the original factory ROM however, just heavily mangled by software. Dweller is installed without interference from these applications onto the SD card.

Issues:
*Selecting the "Show/Define Keys" option in "settings" always causes a "java.lang.NoSuchKeyEvent.keyCo" (might be cut off) error to appear. Message: "Error in main loop."
*Larger UI is much easier to use, but only allows a view of one tile below the character (two with small tiles) in portrait mode, and actually completely obscures the character in landscape.
----Moving the character's position two more tiles up would center it on my screen, but again I assume only very old devices would have this problem, so I don't recommend this change.
*The touch response area is very limited, again likely due to my crummy resolution and the larger UI. Tiles visible behind the UI and Text display are not responsive to touch commands.
*Switching between Portrait and Landscape mode, while running the game or in between times running the game, causes the UI graphics to be replaced by black squares. Switching back does not resolve this. Clearing the application data (thus erasing saves and settings) cures this.
*Actually from the previous version and all versions prior, when handing in the Crown of the King quest, if the resultant XP allows for a level gain, a stat boost selection appears. Selecting a boost does not bring you back to the game, though, and you must forcibly end the application.
*Also from the previous version, dropping certain items (maybe equipped ones?) does not close the "DROP" screen, and further presses of the "DROP" button cause duplicates of the item in question on the ground. The item is properly removed from inventory, however, and closing the "DROP" window via the "x" at the top right prevents duplication.
----Just to clarify for me, is the ability to sell items directly from your inventory without accessing the Merchant a feature or a bug? On the one hand, it's fun and convenient, but on the other, it makes it far too easy for me to get rich quick =)

Since I can't live without Dweller, unless there's further testing you'd like me to do from my phone, I'll just install the previous version for now. DON'T THINK I'M COMPLAINING! I'm sure other devices can handle this, but on my phone it's basically unplayable, so I'll have to do further testing from my laptop. I'm at your command however, Bjorn.

EDIT: Couldn't run on my laptop... running through java.exe directly shows it freezes at a font error... I can get you the full error if you'd like.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 10:51:56 PM by Jesusgeorg »

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2014, 12:16:20 AM »
Thank you for the bugreport! I have made several improvements to the UI. It should work better on low res Android phones. The new beta contains the following fixes:

✔ #695 Adjust graphics scale to work better on low res Android devices
✔ #694 Adjust font size on Android on low res screens
✔ #693 Improve display of amount of available gold when buying items
✔ #692 Don't show gain level screen if game has ended
✔ #690 Fixed issue with missing item suffix

PS I also fixed the issue with the Drop command

Jesusgeorg

• Somewhere between Casual and Hardcore gamer. Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2014, 04:23:17 AM »
Thank you for the bugreport! I have made several improvements to the UI. It should work better on low res Android phones.

You are far too kind =) Downloading and clean-installing now, will give you as much of a report as I can once I've poked at it for a while. You're the best!

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2014, 07:08:15 AM »
Well, I have found one graphical bug - pressure plate looks like normal floor.
And, before Polish pepole realize the lack 'ż' letter, insert it into the game. We are the masters of complaining :D

BoogieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2014, 05:56:33 AM »
Last update made the game pretty much unplayable. The new UI consumes far too much of the screen in landscape mode. Looks okay in portrait mode. However, the directional buttons are gone in portrait mode and while I can see them in landscape, the down and downright buttons do not work and the others aren't very responsive. Even in 2.00 scale they are a bit small.

And a small suggestion, in the algorithm that governs the dungeon layout, could you please set it so that secret doors won't be in the main path from stair to stair. Because I searched and searched and teleported all over the place but could not find stairs down from level 5. As far as I could tell I mapped everything. So either it did not exist or it was behind an oddly placed secret door. After that, a loading crash ate my savegame.

Droid X2