Author Topic: Observed Monster Behavior  (Read 1904 times)

Tomahawk

Observed Monster Behavior
« on: March 02, 2012, 07:10:45 PM »
When examining monsters, the first time you see it, you only get the description, (ex. "A large rodent with a putrid odour around it").  When it attacks you, the description will now have its attack rating.  When you attack it, the description now has its defense.  When you see it move - movement rating.  When you observe a monster use a special power, that gets added to the description:

example, Trolls:  it can heal itself
orcs:  it can disarm you (which i just learned about  ;D )

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Observed Monster Behavior
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 09:51:42 PM »
It's a nice idea, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort unless you randomize the abilities of the monsters each game. It's only a surprise the first time you get disarmed by an Orc. The next time you know about it and there is little point hiding it from the monster description.

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 02:24:55 PM »
Maybe its time to list all the monsters,wands and books and their abilities on the FAQ site as a reference instead.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 08:03:15 AM »
I have plans along those lines, bu more like WowHead or similar site. I have all game data externalized into a bunch of human readable files and it wouldn't be that hard to parse it and generate some nice HTML to show monsters, items, spells etc. Not sure if I like to spoil players too much though :-)