Author Topic: Quest of Dungeons  (Read 6245 times)

dick182

• View Profile
Quest of Dungeons
« on: January 19, 2014, 05:21:46 AM »
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=216200309

I just find this game on greenlight, it looks totally like the dweller, so is this a new development. Because I'm so into dweller, I would definitely buy this!

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
Re: Quest of Dungeons
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 08:17:02 PM »
There are so many great roguelikes for free, especially on PC. For example, Tales of Maj'eyal is very good, Rogue is nice simple classic, PC version of Dweller, Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon on GBA emulator... BTW you don't need to use post and chat simultaneously.
PS Your name kills me a every time I see it.
YOLO! Trying to do low-level challenge.

dick182

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 04:15:14 PM »
There are so many great roguelikes for free, especially on PC. For example, Tales of Maj'eyal is very good, Rogue is nice simple classic, PC version of Dweller, Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon on GBA emulator... BTW you don't need to use post and chat simultaneously.
PS Your name kills me a every time I see it.

sorry if my name bother you and sorry for the chat simultaneously, because i don't find the post botton at first  ;D. I'm totally a fan for roguelike, my best roguelike game is tome4. I just wonder if the quest of dungeons thing is made by Bj√∂rn Ritzl, because the graph is totally the dweller way, if the game is made by others and just steal the design, i will absolutely not pay any cent.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 05:39:26 PM »
Nope, Quest of Dungeons is not made by me. The graphics I use are made by Oryx and provided to me for free. Oryx has since decided to monetize his work and started selling the spritesheet and it's become quite popular: http://oryxdesignlab.com/sprites/16-bit-fantasy-sprite-set

QoD looks like a great game BTW!

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 10:54:27 PM »
Nope, Quest of Dungeons is not made by me. The graphics I use are made by Oryx and provided to me for free. Oryx has since decided to monetize his work and started selling the spritesheet and it's become quite popular: http://oryxdesignlab.com/sprites/16-bit-fantasy-sprite-set

QoD looks like a great game BTW!
That blue mushroom seems intriguing... Anyways, Topic Creator (that name cannot go out of my mouth), you can change your nickname to something more appropriate in one of the option menu.

Jesusgeorg

• Somewhere between Casual and Hardcore gamer. Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 11:04:11 PM »
Oh, Oryx! I remember him mainly for the set of sprites he did ages ago for some contest: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=8970.0

The games I remember most that used them were "Realm of the Mad God" www.realmofthemadgod.com, and... some game I can't find. It was a platformer, you ran through a bunch of dungeons killing monsters, and each one you killed became a choice on your menu of characters. I want to say "Sky Castle" or "Fortress in the Sky" or something.

Anyway, I thought Bjorn had made these sprites. Ah well, he still made an unquestionably awesome game.

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 09:36:17 PM »
Oh, Oryx! I remember him mainly for the set of sprites he did ages ago for some contest: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=8970.0

The games I remember most that used them were "Realm of the Mad God" www.realmofthemadgod.com, and... some game I can't find. It was a platformer, you ran through a bunch of dungeons killing monsters, and each one you killed became a choice on your menu of characters. I want to say "Sky Castle" or "Fortress in the Sky" or something.

Anyway, I thought Bjorn had made these sprites. Ah well, he still made an unquestionably awesome game.
Ah, RotMG... I loved this MMO. Anyways, I am surprised how you haven't known that was Oryx's tileset. BTW, when i'll have some free time, I am going to make my own tileset for Dweller.

CFS

• View Profile
    • Vilseck Translations
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 12:53:17 AM »
Does anybody know any games that use the Oryx Fantasy Sprite Set? I love the "Hero Quest" look (an old fantasy board game). Sadly, I don't think any other game would match the fun I have with Dweller.
Behold the Urkraft, behold the sacred force
We strike with the wrath of the rightful
We wield the invincible puritan blade

Jesusgeorg

• Somewhere between Casual and Hardcore gamer. Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 01:30:12 AM »
I just loved Hero Quest. Even played a floor of it with an online board game program called Vassal. My brother in Pittsburgh played along, it was a nice bit of nostalgia.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/LordTim/great-dungeon-in-the-sky

This is that action game I'd mentioned that used Oryx's set. Very addictive, if unbalanced. Once you've tried a few of the characters, you discover which ones are just objectively better than the others. Specifically, take any flying creature, and it's automatically better. Add ranged attacks, and you basically win. Even so, playing around with the others is entertaining.

CFS

• View Profile
    • Vilseck Translations
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 02:28:52 PM »
I'm looking at the one Jesusgeorg recommended. Currently I play Red Wizard with the Oryx set. It's simple and sometimes unfair but entertaining.
Behold the Urkraft, behold the sacred force
We strike with the wrath of the rightful
We wield the invincible puritan blade

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 11:09:15 PM »
Wow, that tileset has really spawned a lot of new games. It's a shame that they all look more or less alike now. Maybe I should ask TheShroom to draw a new set of tiles, monsters and items? It would be a massive amount of work though...

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 12:11:57 PM »
Wow, that tileset has really spawned a lot of new games. It's a shame that they all look more or less alike now. Maybe I should ask TheShroom to draw a new set of tiles, monsters and items? It would be a massive amount of work though...
Monsters has been already drawn by himself. He showed his propositions about monsters' look in one of the topics.