Author Topic: Status update and some kind of semi functional beta  (Read 6031 times)

Jesusgeorg

• Somewhere between Casual and Hardcore gamer. Meh.
    • View Profile
Re: Status update and some kind of semi functional beta
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 02:55:13 AM »
Bjorn! Please be happy again! If your hobby doesn't make you happy anymore, put it down for a while, forever, whatever is best, tell the world that updates are on a hiatus, and then just bask in the glow of all the happy Dweller players on your forum. Above all, remember that you don't owe us anything, you made a free toy that we all play with, and we love it.

Of course, if you still want to keep at it, rock on, and if we can do anything to make it more fun for you, let us know. I'm not actually *good* at anything, so I won't be able to actually *help* make things better, but... ok, not sure where I'm going with that.

IMHO, if you just stamped the current release "Final" instead of "Beta," no one would know the difference. Even with the occasional bug, it's more stable and playable than anything Bethesda has ever released. You've done a great job, and if you feel like you're done, rock on with the real life. (Also re-release the version where magic was at %200 time and label it "Hard Mode." I hate losing so much, but let's be honest, that was a stable Roguelike that was exactly as unfair and abusive as the rest of the genre =))

PS: I donated so my request is that you relax and just hang out with us on the forum for a while. Or e-mail me or something. I dunno. Just smile a bunch.

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 11:31:12 PM »
Hello again. I have uploaded a new beta that fixes the bugs with the keyconfiguration. I'll work on the other reported bugs during the week. Thanks.

There is still bug with the handset-specific keys, instead of "Key_0" in the last beta now it is the up key in D-pad

This bug is still appear in the new beta Bjorn

Key mapping bug still there, unfortunately.
Why did it go wrong when it worked ok in the last official release?
 :-\
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 01:42:01 AM »
Hmm, I'm not sure I understand what's wrong with the key definitions now. It looks good when I try it here. Please try to explain it in as much detail as possible. Thanks!

Zadezl

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 03:06:00 AM »
Hmm, I'm not sure I understand what's wrong with the key definitions now. It looks good when I try it here. Please try to explain it in as much detail as possible. Thanks!

Ok. When you set handset-specific keys ( Right selection key, Left selection key, Middle selection key and Call key ) for any functions in key config, it only showed "↑" and used "↑" for those functions that you had set instead of the handset-specific keys
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:07:56 AM by Zadezl »

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 10:35:06 PM »
I'm still working on a new version. The new version will have hardware accelerated graphics and should feel a lot more responsive. Not sure when it's ready though.

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 06:54:55 AM »
Not sure when it's ready though.
I know: soontm :D
But don't worry, you just should check forums more often than now. That's everything we need.
YOLO! Trying to do low-level challenge.

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 05:54:05 PM »
Nice to see some movement here.  Got a new phone and hence I'm back to playing dweller again.  One of the first apps I download :)

Will playtest your next beta and post!

and thankyou bjorn please don't get too frustrated! This game is awesome and people love it.
When in doubt.  Scroll of Recall

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2014, 07:30:02 PM »
Nice to see some movement here.  Got a new phone and hence I'm back to playing dweller again.  One of the first apps I download :)

Will playtest your next beta and post!

and thankyou bjorn please don't get too frustrated! This game is awesome and people love it.
I hope that your new phone isn't too new.
YOLO! Trying to do low-level challenge.