Author Topic: Axes-Picks-Keys Priority  (Read 1597 times)

Jesusgeorg

• Somewhere between Casual and Hardcore gamer. Meh.
    • View Profile
Axes-Picks-Keys Priority
« on: December 30, 2013, 11:31:15 PM »
It's a stupid quirk, but I'm really a stickler for not wasting my "Master Keys." If I have "Thief Tools," I prefer the keys not get used so I can sell them. If I have a heavy weapon(Broadsword, Battleaxe, Mace), I prefer that the keys not be used on locked wooden doors when they're better suited for locked metal gates. If I have both a heavy weapon and Thief Tools, I prefer to use the heavy weapon because LOCKED DOORS ARE AN ABOMINATION IN MY SIGHT AND MUST BE SMOTE.

It looks like the current priority in door-unlocking checks is "Master Key" - "Thief Tools" - "Heavy Weapons." Is it possible to reverse that? I'd be ever so grateful, as would my door hating warriors.

Also, "Thief Tools" can't be quickslotted. I'd love it if they could be, as any other magic item I use kicks them out of my hands, and I have to go through the menu to equip them again. I am a lazy man, and can't be having with that.

CFS

• View Profile
    • Vilseck Translations
Re: Axes-Picks-Keys Priority
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 01:12:10 PM »
I've mentioned this problem already somewhere else in this forum. Face the facts: The current version of Dweller will be the last version ever. There's no longer a use to discuss anything. Sadly.
Behold the Urkraft, behold the sacred force
We strike with the wrath of the rightful
We wield the invincible puritan blade

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 12:24:39 AM »
Which is the current version of Dweller
The current beta is 1.24.23, downloadable from files.dwellergame.com/beta

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 12:35:29 AM »
It's a stupid quirk, but I'm really a stickler for not wasting my "Master Keys." If I have "Thief Tools," I prefer the keys not get used so I can sell them. If I have a heavy weapon(Broadsword, Battleaxe, Mace), I prefer that the keys not be used on locked wooden doors when they're better suited for locked metal gates. If I have both a heavy weapon and Thief Tools, I prefer to use the heavy weapon because LOCKED DOORS ARE AN ABOMINATION IN MY SIGHT AND MUST BE SMOTE.

It looks like the current priority in door-unlocking checks is "Master Key" - "Thief Tools" - "Heavy Weapons." Is it possible to reverse that? I'd be ever so grateful, as would my door hating warriors.

Also, "Thief Tools" can't be quickslotted. I'd love it if they could be, as any other magic item I use kicks them out of my hands, and I have to go through the menu to equip them again. I am a lazy man, and can't be having with that.
Ok, I've added this for the next release. 1.24.24