Author Topic: How do you back up saved games?  (Read 2732 times)

Mateo1041

• View Profile
How do you back up saved games?
« on: August 28, 2013, 05:47:03 AM »
Is there an Android file somewhere?

Thanks,
- Matt

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
Re: How do you back up saved games?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 02:22:00 PM »
Well, I don't think that there's a savegame file. But don't worry - Dweller is really easy roguelike compared to others (unless you have chosen that weakling Warrior instead of OP Wizard or Ranger classes), and if you really have trouble and you really need help, read some help topics or my guide here: CLICK
YOLO! Trying to do low-level challenge.

Mateo1041

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 03:38:23 PM »
Thanks.  I should clarify though.  I'm going to redo my Nexus 4 Android phone and would like to be able to pick up where I left off by just backing up a save game file if there is one.  I figure the character data has to be stored somewhere, right?  I can certainly start over again suppose, but would just not relish that since I've spent so much time this one.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 07:31:27 PM »
The save game is saved in the apps local storage. You should be able to access it on the sd-card if you have the proper tools. The path is something like storage/sdcard/android/data/org.orguelikedevelopment.dweller.android/
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 07:33:52 PM by Dweller admin »

Mateo1041

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 08:17:21 PM »
The save game is saved in the apps local storage. You should be able to access it on the sd-card if you have the proper tools. The path is something like storage/sdcard/android/data/org.orguelikedevelopment.dweller.android/

Thanks!  I still wasn't able to find it, so just ended up not copying it.  I'm anxious to begin playing again though and plan to do things a little differently this time around.  I removed too many traps and such last time and had a hard time accessing levels.

BoogieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 02:18:02 PM »
I'm going to be replacing my old Droid X2 pretty soon and would also like to backup my save. However, no matter what I do I can't see a single file related to this game. I've tried moving the app between media/internal storage and checked out some Apps2SD program, but no luck. :(

I see other apps and a few game folders at the suggested storage/sdcard/android/data/ but none for Dweller.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 09:03:44 PM »
If the game is stored on the internal memory you most likely need root access to see it. You should be able to access the files if they are on external storage but it's not guaranteed I guess.