Author Topic: That's bad this forum seems dying.  (Read 4651 times)

Gorkde

• View Profile
Re: That's bad this forum seems dying.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 06:58:15 PM »
Hello,

I did like to play dweller a lot but couldn't because I was in the hospital for longer.
Now I tried to reinstall on my new phone and Maybe because of the new phone/Android version  or one of the latest updates it crashes every 10 Minutes or so when I for example open a chest or similar.

Got no response of the programmer and now found this seemingly pretty abandoned forum.

8 months ago he did post it is not dead and there will be an update soon but still nothing.

Does anyone know any news? Any chance it will at least get updates so it works again?

Does anyone have an S4 where it runs without constant crashes?

A word to the Programmer just in case he does read:
This game is awesome, does not really need any UI update.
I would gladly pay 3€ for helping to keep this game updated.
Maybe set up a donation version in the PlayStore?

CFS

• View Profile
    • Vilseck Translations
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 09:52:27 PM »
Hello!

Are you sure you have the latest version on your phone? I had the same problems once (HTC One). Go to your apps menu, STOP Dweller and clear the cache, then try again. Make sure you select "Quit Game" everytime you stop playing. Just taking off by home button might cause the game to crash, too. There is still a community and there is still some development in progress. Keep checking this forum once in a while to get the news.

BTW, I think it's a good idea to "sell" Dweller for a donation or something. I would gladly do it.
Behold the Urkraft, behold the sacred force
We strike with the wrath of the rightful
We wield the invincible puritan blade

Gorkde

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 08:30:57 AM »
Yeah I did even deinstall it and reinstall again from the market. I got an S4 (I 9505) with Android 4.2.2

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 07:07:43 PM »
Well, if I am not mistaken, hi-res phones and tablets has got perfomance problems, because of software rendering of graphic. This can lead to crashes (OutOfMemory.error prob) and long waits after doing a move. If it is the case, there's nothing you can do except playing Dweller on your PC or using an J2ME emulator.
YOLO! Trying to do low-level challenge.