Author Topic: Challenges for bored Dweller player  (Read 3132 times)

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
Challenges for bored Dweller player
« on: August 10, 2013, 05:36:06 PM »
Well, why not think about some challenges and write it down?
Some of my ideas:
  • Daggerfall - You have to be Ranger. You can attack only with Dagger, Venomblade, Elven Quicksilver Blade, or wands. You can't equip Shield. You can enchant Dagger.
  • 'Sorry, no free xp for you' - You can't enter any of the side branches, including Tutorial Level. You mustn't exchange Piles of Bones at Healer.
  • Near Pacifist - Score-based challenge. Try to not kill enemies. You gain or lose points for:
    • Getting Expirience level (+10pkt)
    • Finishing Game (+1pkt per every 100g saved)
    • Killing an enemy (-1pkt)
    • Killing an ally (-25pkt)
YOLO! Trying to do low-level challenge.

CFS

Re: Challenges for bored Dweller player
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 12:07:11 PM »
Since the game has a story, I would skip the idea of not killing monsters... While Daggerfall sounds really good!

I'd love the idea of more seeking quests such as: find the Armor of Jordan, find the Claw of Wendigo etc. You then need to deliver those items to the surface to gain XP and a Scroll of Enchantment. Of course you may choose to use the items instead of delivering them.

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 11:35:41 AM »
Since the game has a story, I would skip the idea of not killing monsters... While Daggerfall sounds really good!
Well, story is secondary thing when making challenges, and this is a point-based challenge, which mean you can get negative score. You can kill some enemies and still have good score.
I'd love the idea of more seeking quests such as: find the Armor of Jordan, find the Claw of Wendigo etc. You then need to deliver those items to the surface to gain XP and a Scroll of Enchantment. Of course you may choose to use the items instead of delivering them.
Nice idea, but it would be hard for Bjorn to make it with this quest system. And this would make the game too easy.

CFS

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 03:10:14 PM »
Maybe those challenges could be unlocked after killing the Goblin King. Would fit into the story, eventually there are still villains in the dungeon. And lots of unique items.

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 06:46:36 PM »
  • Pathetic flamer - You have to be Wizard. Only book you can use is Charred Book of Flames. You can't change or enchant your weapon. You also can't use wands.
  • 'I hate heavy things' - You have to use Warrior. You can't hold items which has weight 6 or more, even if you don't want to use them. Stacked items don't sum weight.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 12:12:13 AM by makiki »

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 07:28:08 AM »
I like the idea of challenges like this. If I ever get the time I'd like to build something like this into the game, perhaps using an achievement system.

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 12:28:49 PM »
Even if you won't get that time, players can try these challenges even now, without having problems like solo char in most parts of Final Fantasy series.
Well, I tried my idea Daggerfall, and I died on first floor of dungeon. I just forgot to abuse dog...