Author Topic: Storyline?  (Read 2418 times)

CFS

Storyline?
« on: May 13, 2013, 06:39:30 PM »
*** POSSIBLE SPOILER ***

The user makiki asked via the shoutbox, why Florian and Jordan were fighting. How about this: Once they were adventurers who roamed the land together. One day they found a magical artifact and gained a lot of power. While Jordan used his powers to keep the world safe, Florian was drawn to the dark side and became evil (i mean, the Hell Cloak of Florian IS evil somehow). They fought each other and in the end their magical artifact was gone, bringing the Goblin King to power after he found it many decades or even centuries later. The artifact is the jewel in his crown. Using it in the same evil way as Florian, he controls the undead in the crypt. Maybe the Lich King is Florian, doomed to rule his kingdom of the hopeless, sworn to the keeper of the jewel - the Goblin King.

Maybe someone already has collected all the stories around the unique items?

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
Re: Storyline?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 09:39:50 PM »
Good job!
But Golden Shield of Balance is also connected to this fight: 'Legend tells of Dannot, the God of Balance, who decided to create this golden shield and give it to Jean to stop the conflict between Jordan and Florian.'
All items with descriptions (if any) is here:
www.files.dwellergame.com/db/items.html
YOLO! Trying to do low-level challenge.

CFS

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 06:03:33 PM »
Cool thing! I would only exclude Exolon from the Storyline due to possible license issues :D

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 08:25:42 PM »
Ah yes, the storyline is a bit vague and not very coherent with the overall quest to kill the Goblin King. I have given the donors quite a bit of freedom when describing their items and I don't think it affects the game negatively. I think it's kinda fun and it makes people think of and create their own stories around the items.