Author Topic: This sucks!  (Read 6053 times)

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
Re: This sucks!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 09:55:10 PM »
Say an Artifact (named) leather boots, cap or cloak cost like ~50 gold,
while easily besting dwarven boots, metal cap or dwarven cloak, which
can cost more, being just "basic" unenchanted items.
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

CFS

• View Profile
    • Vilseck Translations
Re: This sucks!
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 01:00:30 PM »
Hi, I would like to pick up the discussion on items' prices. Having played Dweller over and over again, I think making money is too easy while the merchant barely offers anything good. If I play the warrior, I quickly look for magic books, wands and arrows and within a short time I'll have 10000 Gold on my account. However, all the merchant offers is crap, so I keep spending my money on potions. After quite a few levels I usually have 40 weak potions, 20 potions and (due to the Bone Collector in addition) 40 strong potions. I think books and wands should be more expensive if you buy them and cheaper if you sell them to balance the game a little more. And potions should be more expensive, too. And the merchant should not offer cloaks or leather caps, who needs them except in the beginning? I'd rather he offers more (really expensive like 5000 Gold) fireproof stuff for the warrior, since he is too slow and has no ranged weapons to fight the f** Goblin Shamen, while ranger and wizard have no problems (Ranger: high speed, ranged blasts; Wizard: high magic resistance, ranged blasts). Sure, the warrior has the Wand of Fire which usually burns the player to death, even with magic 0 and mana 9... This is getting off-topic but maybe "fireproof" should be added to enchantments on armor or jewellery.
Behold the Urkraft, behold the sacred force
We strike with the wrath of the rightful
We wield the invincible puritan blade