Author Topic: Monster ideas  (Read 5744 times)

CFS

• View Profile
    • Vilseck Translations
Re: Monster ideas
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 02:14:06 AM »
I'd love to have more powerful vampires. After they attack, the number of hitpoints they've taken should be taken away completely from your total hitpoints. For example: You have full health, in this example 40 HP. The vampire hits and takes 3 HP. Now you have 37 which is from now on your maximum health. He hits again for 5, now your maximum health is 32. Until you increase it again by levelling up. Would make the vampire more, er, vampiry.
Behold the Urkraft, behold the sacred force
We strike with the wrath of the rightful
We wield the invincible puritan blade

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 09:10:03 AM »
Adding on to cfs idea we could have wights that permenantly reduce ur attack stat or def stat by a random number everytime they hit you making them more dangerous to fight.

Bower

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 02:57:03 AM »
Just killed my first mimic (elusive bastards!); love how quickly admin turned an idea into a feature!

In the spirit of monster diversity,  I have a few more thoughts. I think the last major addition to the monster pool would have to be an instant-kill threat...mabye carrying ~10% success rate:

Goblinja -  (Goblin + Ninja)

Depth: 6 - 10

Frequency: 10

Attack: 25 ±0
Defense: 6 ±0
Speed: 25 ±0
Magic: 4 ±0
HP: 15 ±0Damage: 9

XP: 45

MELEE: MELEE
MELEE: FATALITY (10%?)
SPELL: TELEPORT
Ranged shiruken perhaps?

Black Rat

Depth: 1 - 127 (the sewers)

Frequency: 20

Attack: 12 ±0
Defense: 12 ±0
Speed: 12 ±0
Magic: 12 ±0
HP: 12 ±0Damage: 4

XP: 20

MELEE: MELEE
MELEE: FATALITY
MELEE: POISON

Sometimes I feel too secure walking through the upper dungeon when I have the right artifacts equipped anlong with ridiculous stats. Instant-kill is a game-changer!

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 11:30:10 PM »
Insta-kill sounds almost too dangerous! I'd like to get more variation among the monsters though, so you're thinking of adding to the monster pool is good, but maybe the existing monsters should be given more variation as well?

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 11:54:48 PM »
What bothers me is that the current debuffs are contact-only, making the Warrior - already the least fun class to play IMHO, even worse.

Some real killers would be:

- "Silencing" spell cast at a distance, disrupting use of Book-based magic. This would actually have an added bonus of the making the possesion of Wands highly desirable at last.

- "Feedback" Spell dealing Normal Damage (impossible to mitigate with Magic Resistance), based on victim's current Mana.

- "Confusion" Spell, causing the Book-based Spells and Wands to backfire, in addition to messing up regular attacks

- Remote Mana Drain

- Remote/Trap-based slow or immobilisation ("Root"/"Web" Spell, physical webs, adding crippling Slow to Spike Traps when not in Iron Boots, etc.)

- Regular ranged enemies, including the reinstitution of classic Goblin Scouts (with Warriors having much better odds to avoid damage based on shields' Block Chance)

- An idea already mentioned earlier - a Spell, Trap or Special attack that turns the allies hostile

- Monsters with magical "Deflection", causing most of the Player's ranged attacks to miss or even turn back against them

- "Blindness", making the use of ranged weapons and Wands near-impossible, disabling Book-based magic and cutting down the chance to hit in melee

- Gas Traps and Spells, filling the area with high-damage gas (hard to code I guess)

Knock yourself out with this selection. ;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 11:56:48 PM by Mateusz P-G »
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

Bower

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2014, 01:12:25 AM »
Great list! Playing the warrior is rough.

Would the most elegant solution be to add resistances to Warrior-only equipment?--essentially what the dragon scale shield does, but for a much wider array, from boots to helm for slow to poison.

Or does the warrior simply need a long-range threat...assuming a wand doesn't count...

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 01:17:05 AM »
I agree! Great list!

I've added Silence as a ranged attack for certain monsters. I'll add more when I have time.