Author Topic: Monster ideas  (Read 5743 times)

stubble

• View Profile
Monster ideas
« on: February 25, 2013, 03:31:43 PM »
So,after having died at the hands of the goblin king(again),I realized that there aren't many unique monsters with unique abilities so I decided to post some of my ideas here.
Medusa:a powerful monster with the ability to cripple you ,reduce attk,def permanently by 1.
Hydra:a monster with the ability to strike multiple enemies at once, on neither gk side nor yours.
Mind layer:a creature with the ability to control one of your ally.
Sandworm:a creature that can only move on sand but could dig underground.
Will be posting more ideas soon,also pls make it that allies can be attacked if you cannot be reached.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Monster ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 08:04:07 AM »
I agree with you that a lot of monsters do not have any unique abilities. I'd like to change this by 1) adding more monsters 2) and more importantly make sure that the ones already in the game feel more unique. Please have a look at (SPOILERS!!!!) http://files.dwellergame.com/db/monsters.html and suggest ways to improve the existing monsters.

Some comments:

Mind (f)layer. I guess you missed an 'f' there? It would probably be quite easy to add a monster that turns friendly, neutral and charmed monsters into hostile ones.

Sandworm. I like the idea of adding monsters that can exist only on certain types of terrain. It would be a bit difficult to code though. I have full support for monsters that only exist on certain levels (sewers, labyrinth etc) so once I add a Water themed dungeon branch I could add Mermen, Crocs and what now, and the same goes if I add a sand/dirt/earth based level.

Hydra. So far Dweller doesn't have any large mythical beasts (sans the Minotaur) such as manticores, hydras and dragons and I'm not sure about adding them... I could easily add a cleaving/smashing multi target attack to the Minotaur, Troll or Rat King.

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 04:02:15 PM »
I am glad you like some of my RPG ideas.Here's more:
Zombie:On neither gk side nor yours,if it kills a target,target becomes zombie.Only targets living things.
Ghoul:Ability to paralyze foes on 2 consecutive hits,paralyze:unable to move or attack for1d6 turns
Shape shifter:Ability to look like any creature in the game dealing similar DMG and effect but once hit,shape shift is lost.
Goblin priest: The support class of the gk's army,heals goblin units for 95%hp.Does NOT heal non goblin allies.
Rouge: Ability to steal a random item(non equipment) but when killed drops your item.

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 08:40:36 AM »
Stream crocodile:a monster that has a random chance to spawn when you are on water.Could destroy non artifact armour with its powerful jaws.
Ghost:invisible enemy that only attacks you when you are below 15%hp.something like an assassin.

handbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 03:51:11 PM »
do you think adding some neutral mobs that get in the way when you are exploring?something like the statue--you choose when to attack it at times. 8)

malaprop

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 08:48:24 PM »
that's great! blobs that randomly become push-able blocks when hit. Would be cool to have a scroll of stone to flesh then.

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 01:29:46 AM »
Hand bomb don't steal any of my RPG ideas you living blob of fats,or should I say Jun.
Anyway some more ideas,
Darkblade:An elven general who has a blade which can stack a buff of moonlight which negates the player vision unable to see and takes additional DMG from him.

handbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 01:35:23 AM »
huh wat r u sayin im underweight.wats jun?j

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 01:55:34 AM »
Anyway what do you think about debuffs and buffs?I think we should implement more unique buffs and rebuffs.such as sunlight:when near a light source,you will have increased def and vision.

CFS

• View Profile
    • Vilseck Translations
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 04:36:12 PM »
How about an Ooze Queen? She is powerful, summons Ooze and drops a unique item. BTW, purple Ooze should actually run from you instead of coming closer, thus it would be harder to get the bones. Farming bones is just too easy.
Behold the Urkraft, behold the sacred force
We strike with the wrath of the rightful
We wield the invincible puritan blade

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 04:38:50 AM »
The slime queen would be a nice,new boss to fight.
What about a boss in the overworld?
Like an ancient ent that cannot move but can range attack and summon small ents to attack you?

Bower

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 04:21:48 AM »
Hero/Assassin spawns:

For every x monsters slain of each type, an extra-powerful named monster is released and hunts the player down

...To test those adventurers who forget their main quest and seek only power and gold!

stubble

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 02:40:05 PM »
hmm there are already named monsters in the game but im not sure how they spawn,
whether they spawn naturally or like u said,
can the admin pls clarify on this?

makiki

• Pro Warngerzard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 02:57:42 PM »
hmm there are already named monsters in the game but im not sure how they spawn,
whether they spawn naturally or like u said,
can the admin pls clarify on this?
They spawn naturally of course, but the chance is low.
YOLO! Trying to do low-level challenge.

Bower

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2014, 03:23:43 PM »
And when I say "extra- powerful named monster" I mean a step above your average named monster.  Does anyone remember Starfox 64- in training mode, after you down enough ships, a Wolfen spawns to give you a little challenge.

As it stands, you can run into a monster with a name at any time: you would have to work to spawn a Hero Monster.