Author Topic: Item Q&A  (Read 2799 times)

Asterisk

• View Profile
Item Q&A
« on: February 20, 2013, 06:47:58 PM »
I recently play ver 1.22.11 (I wanna play the lastest version but there's some error. See http://forum.dwellergame.com/index.php?topic=310.0)

1. How many percentage the unique items is spawned in game?
2. Is there any condition with item spawning? (e.g. the item is only spawned in certain dungeon, certain enemy, etc)
3. Is it possible to regain a unique item I sold?
4. I'm looking for Pearlescent Soul Stone. How can I find it (in ver 1.22.11)?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:36:26 AM by Dweller admin »

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Many question about items
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 11:35:44 AM »
1) I can't say an exact percentage since it's a bit hard to calculate. But this is how it works (more or less):

Each item has a frequency/rarity. The value can be seen here: http://files.dwellergame.com/db/items.html
When an item is generated there is a X in Y chance of each item to be generated, where X is the frequency of an item and Y is the sum of all item frequencies. So you'd have to sum up the frequencies of all items and compare that to the frequency of an individual item. Most (all?) artifacts have a frequency of 2 and common items like daggers, swords etc have a frequency of well above 100. I would guess that the sum of all frequencies is 5000. This means that the chance to find a Celestial Armor is 2 in 5000 (=0.04%) every time an item is generated.

2) Yes, items have a depth span where they spawn. Common items can be found anywhere regardless of depths, while rare items are found deeper down. Some items are limited to certain types of levels (this is almost not used right now). Note that this affects the calculation in #1 above.

3) No

4) Keep your fingers crossed!

Asterisk

• View Profile
Re: Item Q&A
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 03:02:25 PM »
celestial armor is 2 in 5000, is that mean we can have 2 celestial armor?

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 10:35:08 PM »
No, I mean that there's a 2 in 5000 chance, meaning 2 / 5000 = 0.004% (I could have said 1 in 2500 chance as it amounts to the same anyway). And 5000 is just a guesstimate, I haven't bothered with summing up all the item frequencies. You can never find more than one of each artifact.

CFS

• View Profile
    • Vilseck Translations
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 11:44:13 AM »
Hello! What is the Celestial Armor actually good for? In the old version of Dweller it prevented me from any damage while going across lava (because it enables you to fly), in the new version I still get hurt and catch fire. I am a little disappointed because it is such a rare item. Is there any item that counters fire attacks, like, e. g., the Rat Hunter's Cloak counters poison attacks? In some dungeons you need to cross lava streams in order to get to the stairs. In combination with 3 or more Goblin Shamans in a group, fire can kill you even if you have a high level warrior. And why does water not extinguish fire instantly in the new version?
Behold the Urkraft, behold the sacred force
We strike with the wrath of the rightful
We wield the invincible puritan blade

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 12:02:58 AM »
Thanks. You're right, the Celestial Armor should protect against lava. I'l fix this for the next version.

CFS

• View Profile
    • Vilseck Translations
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 03:09:38 PM »
Yet still water sometimes doesn't kill fire instantly, while sewage does.
Behold the Urkraft, behold the sacred force
We strike with the wrath of the rightful
We wield the invincible puritan blade