Author Topic: Having trouble making progress w/ my warrior  (Read 4046 times)

Mateo1041

• View Profile
Having trouble making progress w/ my warrior
« on: February 10, 2013, 07:11:29 PM »
Hi all,

I love this game and have been playing without dying for a couple weeks now.  I've been down to level 5 and have the option turned on to not re-generate levels.  A problem I've encountered, though, is that it's been tough to make much progress now that all chests on these levels have been opened and I need to recall to town all the time to prevent death, especially at depth 5.  I've also had two short swords disappear on me now (due to monsters?) which leaves me with not much to fight with.  Any advice on how to proceed?  I really wish there was a way I could at least heal while fighting as that'd make things much more exciting.  I have a wand of healing, but no way I can find to recharge it without also having found a scroll of recharging.

Thanks,
- Matt

Zadezl

• View Profile
Re: Having trouble making progress w/ my warrior
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 03:44:15 AM »
Hi all,

I love this game and have been playing without dying for a couple weeks now.  I've been down to level 5 and have the option turned on to not re-generate levels.  A problem I've encountered, though, is that it's been tough to make much progress now that all chests on these levels have been opened and I need to recall to town all the time to prevent death, especially at depth 5.  I've also had two short swords disappear on me now (due to monsters?) which leaves me with not much to fight with.  Any advice on how to proceed?  I really wish there was a way I could at least heal while fighting as that'd make things much more exciting.  I have a wand of healing, but no way I can find to recharge it without also having found a scroll of recharging.

Thanks,
- Matt

If you need to recall to town, there in a item call "Scroll of Recall". When you use it, you will instantly return to the town, and use it again you will plunge back into the dungeon you have reach last. If you want to heal you can use potion, mushroom, many things
Also, sometime monsters disarm your weapon and you have to pick it again
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:46:34 AM by Zadezl »

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 03:11:49 PM »
have the option turned on to not re-generate level

First of all, which version are you playing? I'm asking since
this option you've mentioned is unavailable in J2ME release
for quite a while now.
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 08:26:15 PM »
Indeed, you must be playing a *very old* version. There are general tips and tricks to give but a lot of the specifics of combat and items have changed if it's a very old version you're using.

Mateo1041

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 04:14:34 AM »
Thanks guys.  It's labelled "Dweller - beta" in Google Play and is version 1.23.2.  I suppose I could just be imagining things, but I thought it asked me that question when first beginning play a couple weeks ago.  It seemed more realistic to keep levels the same and it then draws me in more because I get used to the way they look.

I hadn't realize I could go back down again too after using a Scroll of Recall.  Works pretty well.  Thanks!  It did seem buggy a few times when it kept returning me to the same spot again and again.  I still wish potions were cheaper or there was a way to heal though.  Asheron's Call had healing and I could stay down for quite a while and really concentrate without returning to the surface all the time.

I also managed to find my named short sword which was great.  I love how loot doesn't disappear when dropped.  Both swords I had must have been knocked from my hands on the lower levels I had ventured into.

Only real mistake I've made so far was to sell an anti-poison cloak back to the vendor without realizing it was special in that way.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 08:15:20 AM »
Ah, odd, well, you're playing the latest version then. Well, when it comes to being disarmed it's Orcs that you should be cautious around. If you get disarmed you'll get a status icon (similar to poison, fire and slow) that indicate that you're fighting without anything in your hand.

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 02:48:51 PM »
Can you add status icon ( poisoned , on fire, slowed, stunned, life drain) to monsters when they are afflicted  -this would make it easier know status of all creatures on screen without going back & reading the banner &/to choose strongest/weakest targets quickly the when in battle.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Mateo1041

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 01:05:23 AM »
Ah, odd, well, you're playing the latest version then. Well, when it comes to being disarmed it's Orcs that you should be cautious around. If you get disarmed you'll get a status icon (similar to poison, fire and slow) that indicate that you're fighting without anything in your hand.

Ah, that's good to know about Orcs.  Thanks!  I also like the idea of knowing whether monsters are poisoned or not.  Maybe I'd use my venom blade more.