Author Topic: Fighters in heavy armor  (Read 2202 times)

Svankensen

• View Profile
Fighters in heavy armor
« on: January 26, 2012, 01:53:05 AM »
I just wanted to say that in my experience they sucked, at least in the version i played. Anything with - speed made the warrior progressively worse. I finally settled for light armor and weapons, wich worked great. I wanted to know if that was just my experience or is a commonplace problem. In the later case, it should be addressed.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fighters in heavy armor
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 07:57:30 AM »
I actually think that is the case. When I play a fighter I also prefer to use light armor. I need to balance this a bit more. The defense gained from using a full plat armor should probably be quite a bit higher and the speed loss slightly less.

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 12:52:28 AM »
Hi Björn!

After a long break I'm back to stressing out your awesome little roguelike and what do I see!?
A full-blown FORUM and stuff, good job, finally all these bug reports, ideas etc. can be all gathered
somewhere else than your mailbox!
;)

Anyways, hello everyone, that'd be my first post in here, so let's get to the point already:

What I think would help heavy armors is some kind of distinct (as in separate) damage reduction.
Just like Magic Resistance provided by Prismatic Band or Wizard's Robes, let heavier armors
give Damage Resistance (against non-magic attacks), say 20% for Chainmails and 33% for
Platemails. The numbers are just placeholders, I wanted them to seem "ok" without breaking
the game balance too much.

Well, that's it for the first thoughts, let me check the other threads and toss in some more ideas
tommorow.
 ;D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 01:10:49 AM by Mateusz P-G »
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 07:30:56 AM »
Welcome back Mateusz! I'm glad you still take an interest to Dweller. Your feedback has been invaluable in the past and I'm sure you will be a great addition to the Dweller community now as well.

As for damage reduction from heavy armor. I do agree that heavy armor needs a bit more incentive to use. I don't think I've ever used a plate armor myself. I value speed too much, even on my warrior. I could either add a Damage Resistance mechanic as you suggest or increase the defense stat even more. Increasing the defense stat more is the easy way out and it might be enough.