Author Topic: Russian translation discussion. Перевод на русский язык.  (Read 21240 times)

swooboo

• Russian/Hebrew Translator
    • View Profile
(subj) (If already exists please delete. Simple search yielded nothing)

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I checked Gengo now and noticed that the Russian translation (and the French) are lagging behind. Swooboo, I'll contact the other translators, but I wouldn't mind if you looked through the text as well and added your own translations/changes. If you use the filters 'Empty' and 'Trailing' you'll see 23 and 59 texts respectively that need review and/or translation.

swooboo

• View Profile
There are 4 pending review left, others I have taken care of as best as I could.
Also, it indicates 14 empty, but none are empty as far as I know.

Also, Russian translators and Dweller Admin, how will we deal with sexes (or will we?)

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Could you give an example?

swooboo

• View Profile
Hmm. I started a wiz run. I got one example, where rat's sex is displayed correctly I think. It's sex is medium - not male or female. But I think that fast chainmail, which is female is displayed incorrectly.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ah, yes. Well, I guess I need to do some work on gender marks (see separate translation topic) to make translations better, but it's something that will have to wait a while longer.

swooboo

• View Profile
I think that its not that big of a broblem. Just replace 'fast' with 'of swiftness' and there is no need in
gender specification.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
well, go ahead then! :-)

swooboo

• View Profile
Problem is that if I replace "быстрый" (swift) with "быстроты" (swiftness) then we
will get "Защитные Быстроты серебряное кольцо" instead of "Защитные
Быстрый Эльфийское серебряное кольцо" for "Defenders Swift Elven silver ring",
which roughly translates to "Defenders Of Swiftness Elven silver ring", and that is
not correct Russian, afaik, it resembles "Yoda" speak. "Of swiftness sillver ring
wearing you". The correct translation would be to put the "Быстроты" after "silver
ring".

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ah, ok, I see... hmm, I should probably start looking into the whole gender mark thing now then...

swooboo

• View Profile
  Hmm I have one more idea: what if we try to make all the items the same gender?
(The item names themselves should all be male for example, so instead of 'Кольчуга'
(Chainmail), it will be 'Доспех колечками' ("Armor with rings" is the best RU->EN
translation I could do..)
  I mean not to change the English names at all, just make the translation to Russian
a little bit more.. artistic/funny/compatible/easy
  just sayin it could be less of a problem than it actually is...

DeMag

• I use google translator :3
    • View Profile
Hi all. I take all suggestions for the Russian translation to throw in this thread?
1) While playing for the archer is to attack such a rat near a quiver will report: "The rat is too close to your Short Bow"( Крыса слишком близко к вашему Короткий Лук" Is not it better to be the message from the person addressed is not weapons, but on the character, for example: "A rat is too close to you"(крыса слишком близко к вам), ore "A rat is too close to you long rage attack"(крыса слишком близко для вашей дальней атаки)
2) The new Archer fell an item: "Charged Moonstone Circlet"( Заряженный Moonstone Circlet). Translation may be "charged ring Moonstone"(Заряженный Обруч из лунного камня) or "Charged Tiara Moonstone"( Заряженная Диадема из лунного камня )
3) In the description of the subject is "Это а Заряженный
Moonstone Circlet высокого качества.Освещает путь. Даёт некоторую защиту от атакующей магии. "Letter А(а) the word "charged "superfluous.

P.S. Sorry for the tongue-tied, I use Google translator that would be faster :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:52:18 PM by DeMag »

DeMag

• View Profile
One more thing.
When playing a mage at the end of the game with statistics in almost all things are worth a postscript, for example: "Fire" in front of books with fire magic. I understand this technical information, but would not it be better to hide it?

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
Just btw, I used "Diadem", not "Tiara" in polish translation (for the Moonstone Circlet).
Diadem is closer in looks to Circlet.

This FIRE is impossible to hide, as the "share character" screen is automaticly generated
and not just "translated".
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 05:15:04 PM by Mateusz P-G »
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

DeMag

• View Profile
Well, in Russia translation "Tiara" and "Diadem" close enough value in thin turnover of lexical, but "Circlet"(браслет) wears on arm  a tiara on  head.

Is be better to appeal regarding the FIRE to move to another forum thread or is it non-fixed landing option at this point?