Author Topic: Game modes  (Read 1945 times)

Antros

• View Profile
Game modes
« on: February 09, 2012, 03:50:53 PM »
I've been thinking about something and I was wondering if there could be a way to turn on a dungeon hack mode with infinite levels. If not infinite levels let the player pick a number of levels to run. Make it increments of 10 and have a mini boss every 10th level or something perhaps? The only downside I see in this if you don't have a mechanic for being able to return to the level you were just at. Say I get to level 30 I don't want to recall and have to walk back down 30 levels. Maybe make it so once you hit every 10th you can warp to the stars of that level. (Make it to 20th level, you can warp to level 10 or level 20.)

I'm not sure how your generator works so this may be way too hard to implement but if not it might be something to consider. I wish I had some programming knowledge I'd offer some help, so all I have are ideas.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Game modes
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 08:56:16 PM »
A lot of players have asked for an infinite mode in the past, but I have so far not felt that the game has been good enough. I want the core game to be really enjoyable before I start looking at alternate game modes. Things like an Ironman mode where you can never go up, only down, would be another mode.