Author Topic: Poison  (Read 2708 times)

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
Poison
« on: August 27, 2012, 08:48:09 AM »
In my latest game I'm noticing skeletons that are showing the poison effect flash.  My char has an artifact quarterstaff that poisons things so I'm not sure but can skeletons be poisoned?

I was also thinking with the sewers being poison central maybe granting poison resist to the rat hunters cloak would be appropriate?  It would give incentive to complete the first rats quest before entering the sewers.  more antidote would also be nice in the sewers or some other poison resist items maybe.  I've spent a lot of time running around poisoned and going back and forth between the surface and the sewers getting healed.
When in doubt.  Scroll of Recall

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Poison
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 09:25:51 AM »
In a previous version (pre 1.22.0) there was a mixup with poison immunity. Creatures with the posion immunity flag was treated as if they could get poisoned and vice versa. Upgrade to 1.22.0 and everything should be ok.

All undead, sewer rats and oozes should be immune to poison.

When it comes to poison immunity I could add an on-use ability to cure poison to some item or as you say add poison immunity to the Rat hunters cloak. Would it be overpowered though?

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 09:32:58 AM »
I guess adding poison immunity to Rathunter's Cloak would be
awesome if mixed with flagging all named items (including the
random "artifacts") with "can not be enchanted".

This would also prevent Old/Strong etc. uniques from being
created as well I guess, so it sounds like a step in the right
direction.

This way, some items with really unique properties couldn't
be enchanted into super-duper uber win items and the player
would have to chose wisely what to use: more bonuses in
different stats or maybe a large bonus to his "main" stat, or
a unique property like levitation/lightsource/immunity to this
or that. I love the thought of things balancing out themselves
like this.

This actually gave me an idea for a nice item!
Posted here:
http://forum.dwellergame.com/index.php?topic=138.msg1371#msg1371
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 09:41:22 AM by Mateusz P-G »
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 06:32:27 PM »
There's a ton of better cloak options other than the rat hunters cloak but adding poison resistance would make it a must and an item that one would most definitely want to throw on at certain times.  Normally by the time I get it I've already found something else to wear.  It wouldn't overpower it at all.

As for enchantments I would just limit enchantments to the already powerful items so they can be customized slightly but not turned into cheat items.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »
I like this. It is exactly these kind of item stat balancing mini-games that I'd like to see more of. There should preferably never be one single item that is best in all situations. More situational gear!

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 09:31:36 PM »
maybe add a storage trunk in forest for items you want later -currently i just drop them all over the place then go back i pick them up as i need them.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 07:50:25 AM »
Adding some kind of storage would require quite a bit of work. There's no real concept of items or terrain that can hold several other items. Sure, the player has an inventory, but it's not really reusable in such a way that I can hook it up to a piece of terrain. It will have to stay as items scattered on the ground.

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 02:26:51 PM »
Maybe just ad a small (3x3) cabin near the merchants -identical items could be picked up and dropped as one tile but otherwise Cabin could "hold" 9 items. more for looks then anything else.

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 08:15:36 PM »
Yeah well we put up one cabin on that top level and next thing ya know booom specialty shops are springing up everywhere and we have to run through a tiny city trying to figure out who is selling potions and who has recalls... I like the simplicity one stop shopping of the top tier and if you really think about it if you want to you can just commandere any little corner of that level and throw whatever you want on the ground for later... the shop guys wont mess with it and the rats wont either... i dont think.

and a 3x3 cabin would only allow for one floor tile in the middle i think you mean a 5x5 which would actually allow for a 3x3 storage space... is that right?

wait I have a bit of an idea... maybe leave out enough pushable blocks so that if somebody was creative enough and had the time they could "make" themselves a lil cabin area?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 08:26:45 PM by ZiZNaK »

Watley

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 11:26:45 PM »
I've often thought a little house for stashing loot would be a good addition, i have a tendency to horde stuff and collect. I think the idea of pushable blocks and shelves in a special space for hero would be brilliant. Probably a lotta work tho.