Author Topic: Touchscreen input not working good anymore  (Read 3818 times)

hensz

• View Profile
Touchscreen input not working good anymore
« on: August 24, 2012, 01:34:10 PM »
Hi!
With one of the latest updates (something like 1.21.x) the touchscreen input is not working good anymore. Before this update each touch was recognized, but sometimes the location was slightly wrong. Now the input is much more precise. But now not each touch is recognized. Sometimes I can play as before, but sometimes several inputs are ignored. Using the index finger works slightly better than using the thumb, but with both methods it sometimes requires quite many attempts.

Can anyone confirm or reproduce this behavior? I'm using a ZTE Blade cellphone with CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3).

Greetings,
Torsten

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Touchscreen input not working good anymore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 06:16:42 PM »
Torsten,

The sensitivity and the way input is handled has actually changed in the 1.21.x branch. There's now a separate fling gesture that is detected and touch drag is also handled differently.

I'm betting that some of the touches you make are recognized as drags/flings and thus ignored as normal up/down events. I might have to adjust the sensitivity somewhat if more players have problems with this. Any input from other Android players?

hensz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 10:42:02 AM »
Hi!

Obviously there was no further input from other Android users. Could you adjust the sensitivity nevertheless? Just a little... and perhaps only for Android if this is possible.

Greetings,
Torsten

Hitez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 07:41:00 PM »
The game seems to lag up hard or something, but tapping the screen only works half the time now. tapping the quiver takes 2-3 taps per arrow shot, walking is #$^W$*ER^  annoying. its quite frustrating, games are taking me a long time now and too many mistakes are being made(I don't even want to play it anymore).  I'm on Android 2.3, LG Marquee.
:)

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 12:46:48 PM »
I will adjust this in the next version once I get back from my vacation (one more week)

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 02:15:57 PM »
I have reduced the sensitivity of the fling gesture. Next version should hopefully be more forgiving when it comes to "sloppy touch events" (i.e. touch events that also include a bit of drag)

hensz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 08:51:49 AM »
Thank you, now everything works fine again!  :D

Keep up the good work!  8)

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 12:10:29 AM »
Excellent. Thank you for reporting back!