Author Topic: Help solve a bug, win an artifact!  (Read 1439 times)

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Help solve a bug, win an artifact!
« on: August 16, 2012, 12:30:15 PM »
These last few days have been a bit hectic. There has been a few critical but hard to reproduce bugs. One was unfortunately introduced by myself due to me forgetting to remove some temporary test code before making a release. This bug was closed in 1.21.2, released yesterday.

I still seem to have one, possibly two, critical bugs though and I need your help finding them. If you do come across a crash bug and you get to the crash screen:

Please send me the Bug Report! If the report contains the necessary information required for me to solve the bug you will get the chance to create an in-game artifact. I'm afraid though that J2ME users are at a disadvantage since the J2ME platform cannot provide as detailed crash reports as J2SE and Android.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Help solve a bug, win an artifact!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 03:03:01 PM »
It seems like it was Ziznak who was the first to send me a crash report that lead to the fix of the last crash bug. Let's wait and see how Dweller 1.21.6 works out. If the bug is gone the artifact is yours Ziz!

Thank you everyone for being such a great community. Help me spread the word and get more people in here!

Now let's create a new dungeon branch!

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 08:11:59 PM »
lol guess not!!  ;D
oh wait so then it was actually fixed in 6?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:23:59 PM by ZiZNaK »
When in doubt.  Scroll of Recall

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 01:19:07 PM »
Well, 1.21.6 contained some test code that broke the entire build. It seems though that there's still some problems in 1.21.7, but not as frequent. It's really frustrating though, since I do not know how frequent the crashes are. I can't reproduce it on any of my Android or J2ME phones myself....