Author Topic: 1.20.7 Feedback  (Read 4146 times)

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
1.20.7 Feedback
« on: August 09, 2012, 10:29:19 AM »
Purple Oozes merging could use some kind of hard cap on
their stats. I've had one absorb a couple rats, including a
named rat "champion" and the results were completely
overhelming for a level 3 player character:

Also found a little oddity in the forest map, there's a tile
which shouldn't be visible at all.

Sadly, no-rats forest can still hoccur. I think its only been
happening when you close the game after dying/wining
and run a fresh "new game" after starting the application.
This is just a wild guess tho.
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
Re: 1.20.7 Feedback
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 05:32:14 PM »
I kinda like the prospect of monster oozes... adds a lot of randomness to approaching the lil guys
When in doubt.  Scroll of Recall

Watley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 11:13:51 PM »
The ooze idea is good, but i did meet one on the first level which had 94 hit points. I died.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 11:27:01 PM »
The ooze idea is good, but i did meet one on the first level which had 94 hit points. I died.
Yeah, they are overpowered now. I've changed the way merging works. In the next version a merging ooze gets less and less benefit from merging with other creatures the larger it becomes. I probably need to tweak it a bit more, but it's a lot better than before.

Watley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 02:14:19 AM »
Please, don't get me wrong here. I really liked that i got wasted by a cool ooze on my first go on the new version. Truly a glory way to go down. I haven't seen another quite that tough since, tho it can be said that i've learnt to prioritise the purple buggers when i see them. Bjorn, this game just keeps getting better, mate.

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 03:56:09 AM »
Maybe the overpowered ooze can be marked either through a label or a little icon or something showing it's superior oozeness.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 12:44:24 PM »
Maybe the overpowered ooze can be marked either through a label or a little icon or something showing it's superior oozeness.
I guess there could be some kind of indication of how powerfully visible enemies are that you could toggle on and off. Not sure exactly how it should work though. I need to think a bit more about it.

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 02:44:03 PM »
I am working my through the crypt right now -entered with a level 19 warrior and leaving with a level 30 warrior -got "trapped" in a long hall way by a pair of Vampires that kept their distance and they sent over 800 ghouls my way. thank god for  Calvins amulet, an artifact great axe and a large supply of potions. it was fun but you may want to nerf the summoning. i will post the stats when i am done.

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 02:47:18 PM »
LOOOOL, this is absolutely insane!
I wish I had the time to actually play the game now, hahaha!
Gratz on blitz leveling btw.
;)
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 07:09:12 PM »
I am working my through the crypt right now -entered with a level 19 warrior and leaving with a level 30 warrior -got "trapped" in a long hall way by a pair of Vampires that kept their distance and they sent over 800 ghouls my way. thank god for  Calvins amulet, an artifact great axe and a large supply of potions. it was fun but you may want to nerf the summoning. i will post the stats when i am done.
That IS pretty cool.  I like the summoning the way it is.  If you really don't want to get trapped you can always back out or teleport away and approach from a different angle.  If you want to slug it out with a summoner I guess you just have to be prepared for them to prop open a portal to hell with a line of badies just waiting to get out.  I noticed the failed drain message you get when you attack the undead too that was funny. 
I guess there could be some kind of indication of how powerfully visible enemies are that you could toggle on and off. Not sure exactly how it should work though. I need to think a bit more about it.
How about a simple red yellow and green mark somewhere?  bottom right where the summoned monster star would be makes sense.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 11:33:31 PM »
Ha ha ha, that's so cool! :-) Maybe there should be some kind of diminishing returns exp wise to prevent farming when slaying the same creature over and over...