Author Topic: What should I focus on next?  (Read 10619 times)

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What should I focus on next?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 11:09:05 PM »
what are the size and resolution limitations - would love to give them a try but do not want to create something that is unusable.
Monsters and Terrain: 24x24
Items: 16x16

Oh, I can't the see the picture either

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 04:25:21 AM »
I think the best way to edit the graphics would be to use the existing files as a template.  I actually really love the characters we have as-is.  Some more world graphics is always cool to have though. 
When in doubt.  Scroll of Recall

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 05:25:08 PM »
Admin-I emailed you a few trial items -let me know if you got them - as for breakable stones/walls is it possible to set a monster trap under these so that some of them become golums after you break them or the golem uses the breakable stone graphic until it wakes up. 

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 11:23:07 PM »
Admin-I emailed you a few trial items -let me know if you got them - as for breakable stones/walls is it possible to set a monster trap under these so that some of them become golums after you break them or the golem uses the breakable stone graphic until it wakes up.
Yes, I received them and I sent you a reply just now.

I haven't implemented breakable walls yet, but the system I have in place for handling different terrain types and transitions between different types is pretty versatile. You can do just about anything with it, so the scenario you suggest should be doable without much effort.

JeMaCheHi

• Spanish Translator :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 12:55:52 PM »
1. Branches and AI
2. Percs
3. More/New Quests
4. Spells
5. Themes/placement

I think about it in the same order as ZiZNaK. Well, not at the very end. I think New Quests are more important than percs. Also, it's a real pain to have to go back to the surface to get new ones and get the reward for the completed ones...
Why spending your time by reading this?

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 07:07:45 PM »
one thing that still is overlooked -is stuff to spend $ on -i finished one game recently and had $400,000 in my pocket ,kind of cool but generally after first level money is so abundant that you never run low.- can you add some very expensive items that are always available at the merchant. maybe limited time enchantments/potions of resistance at can be used in sewers and lava areas. i.e. don't like getting poisoned by potion of poison resistance for $1000 - lasts until you leave level. don't like life drain eat a magic clove of garlic $1000 - resistance to life drain for 30 turns. also i rarely use the wands -to few charges, always running out , easier just to use book or arrow. we need to be able to buy recharge scrolls of various strengths to make wands more useful. still think the Warrior needs a throwing weapon (dependable) such as a throwing daggers- buy 10 for normal for $100 -range 2, or 10 fine for $500 range 3, & 10 exceptional for $1000 range 4 or exploding pot same as above.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 09:08:59 PM »
You're right. It's insane to end a game with 400k gold! I'll add this to my todo list.

gelgonen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 02:13:30 AM »
id like larger levels, and an option to get all those prompts out of my face :)

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 08:40:34 AM »
When you say "get all those prompts out of my face" which prompts are you referring to?

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2012, 12:14:09 PM »
an option to get all those prompts out of my face :)

Maybe you got <more> promt turned on in the settings menu?
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!