Author Topic: Allies?  (Read 2440 times)

KeeperOfGale

• View Profile
Allies?
« on: July 22, 2012, 09:31:45 AM »
This has been my addiction for the past month or so.
I don't know how it keeps my attention for so long.
I haven't gotten very far. The farthest was level 10 on floor 5 or so.
At least that's what I think.
Anyway, I read in the recent update notes about allies. Can you hire like, ranger and healer allies somehow? Or do you have to use the bag of monsters? Are the allies permanent?
There isn't a wiki of this game and the posts are mainly about them being annoying.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Allies?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 02:09:58 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forums!

The best way to acquire an ally is via the Bag of Monsters and Wands of Charm Monster (books no longer exist as they were overpowered). A Bag of Monster summons a random monster to fight by your side and with a wand you can charm/tame any monster that you encounter.

Once you have acquired an ally it will fight along side you and attack what you target and it will stay an ally until it dies. Allies will not follow you up/down stairs (yet) and they will not follow you if you use a portal or Scroll of Recall. If you return to a level containing an ally it should still be there, but it might have wandered off somewhere.

If you play as a ranger you have a Dog Whistle that can summon a dog. You can only have one dog summoned at a time and if one dies you can simply summon another.

There's also a tome of necromantic power that you can come across that will allow you to summon skeletons.

As you've seen from other posts allies are mostly annoying since they block line of sight and can be in the way (although you can swap places with an ally by moving into it). There's a lot of potential in allies and I'd like to improve upon the system.

KeeperOfGale

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 09:26:07 PM »
Ah, alright. Thanks a bunch! Dogs are fun :>
Oh, and since your the creator of the app, how come the large tile option doesn't seem to work?:O
It worked a while ago, but the latest update doesn't change the tile size when I use the option.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 01:03:44 AM »
What device are you playing on? I assume it's an Android device?

Mateusz P-G

• Polish Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 08:40:18 AM »
The best way to acquire an ally is via the Bag of Monsters and Wands of Charm Monster (books no longer exist as they were overpowered)

I'd love to see that! Sadly, the Book of Cheat is still available.
If you remember the sprites from my avatar, know that you're awesome!

ZiZNaK

• meh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 09:04:37 AM »
The best way to acquire an ally is via the Bag of Monsters and Wands of Charm Monster (books no longer exist as they were overpowered)

I'd love to see that! Sadly, the Book of Cheat is still available.
Yes I too have noticed the book of charm is still here!! maybe I can get a win with it?  ;D
Also, Is there a way to change targeting priority so that allies will be targeted last?  I've accidentally killed quite a few allies because I seem to be attacking them automatically without targeting even coming into play.  With the book of charms still working the way it does this allows for a player to first charm an enemy and then kill it.  Shouldn't the ally turn to attack the player once it's been attacked as well?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:23:48 AM by ZiZNaK »
When in doubt.  Scroll of Recall

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »
I've added a todo to nerf the charm spell in general