Author Topic: Dweller 1.16.0 feedback thread  (Read 4629 times)

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Dweller 1.16.0 feedback thread
« on: February 01, 2012, 07:55:33 AM »
Dweller 1.16.0 released: http://www.dwellergame.com/2012/01/dweller-1160.html

Please provide feedback on the release here or as bug reports to bugs@dwellergame.com

I am very interested in hearing from people that still have problems completing quests or when quests do not progress further. If this happens to you please use the "Send save game" feature from the main menu. The first player to report such an issue and provide enough information for me to solve the bug will be allowed to design an in-game artifact.

X

• View Profile
Re: Dweller 1.16.0 feedback thread
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 05:55:22 PM »
Just submitted my save, but I figured I'd post here to cover my bases. The submission I sent, I picked up the "Kill 10 sewer rats" quest before heading down into the dungeon. Since then, I've killed 5 and still have no progress saved on the quest. It still says 0/10. My phone is a Droid X2.

Let me know what else you need from me.

Hamish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 10:51:14 PM »
I'm playing on an HTC wildfire and i can no longer use the trackpad or soft buttons. was that intentional?

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 10:52:42 AM »
Just submitted my save, but I figured I'd post here to cover my bases. The submission I sent, I picked up the "Kill 10 sewer rats" quest before heading down into the dungeon. Since then, I've killed 5 and still have no progress saved on the quest. It still says 0/10. My phone is a Droid X2.

I'll giove it a try again with the new save game you sent me. So far I have not been able to reproduce it even with your save game.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 10:53:21 AM »
I'm playing on an HTC wildfire and i can no longer use the trackpad or soft buttons. was that intentional?
This has been solved with the 1.16.1 release made yesterday. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

X

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 02:24:46 PM »

I'll giove it a try again with the new save game you sent me. So far I have not been able to reproduce it even with your save game.
I'll try not to keep this conversation going in two different places, but just a quick note: the last save I sent you is right in front of a sewer rat. When I killed it, I did not get credit. I wonder if you will get credit by killing it though? If you do, what happens if you reload the save, close out of the game before killing the rat, then reopen it? That would kind of prove whether my theory of "quests only update until you close the game" is correct or not.

Otherwise I'll do some more testing and see if I can't isolate the problem. When you test these saves, are you testing on a mobile device or on something else? I'm not sure that it would matter, but maybe there is some type of commonality we can find.

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 07:59:36 AM »
I haven't had a chance to try the save yet (I'm remodeling the kitchen at home, it's like the third world war with things all over the place). I'll have a look at the save tonight. I test the save both on the desktop version and on an Android.

Sewerdweller

• is always looking for Great Rogue Like Games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 03:34:01 PM »
for the new update march 7th -targeting mode -i think the character icon can be used to access the main menu -very rarely do need to see character stats in a hurry -but please add one button(equip bow & target closest enemy)for shooting for arrows or wand or book) maybe set it up as a quick slot for ranged weapon.

GnPTurtle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 03:37:12 AM »
for the new update march 7th -targeting mode -i think the character icon can be used to access the main menu -very rarely do need to see character stats in a hurry -but please add one button(equip bow & target closest enemy)for shooting for arrows or wand or book) maybe set it up as a quick slot for ranged weapon.
I know that if you put a spellbook in a quickslot that you can hit that and go right to targeting mode. I think it works with bows or the quiver, but I haven't tried it yet (though I know that the quiver comes up with you go into targeting mode with a bow).
GnPTurtle

Dweller admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 07:48:37 AM »
Yes, just add the bow to a quickslot and you're good to go! I'm redoing parts of the UI, as posted in this thread. Please provide feedback there!